cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent DC - a new HP and a few abnormailities.

tag
twono
Frequent Contributor

Recent DC - a new HP and a few abnormailities.

A few things i noticed when i pulled my reports after being DC'd a few days ag0.

1.  WINGS CU hard pulled Experian for a loan app. - Is it ok to call them and ask what the heck is going on with that, or send a letter instead?

2.  PENFED is showing a PLOC and personal loan as 'open' and with balances , but the PENFED VISA has been closed and $0 bal for a while now. - Just give PENFED some time to come around and update those 2 accts?  I guess i'm just confused as to why they would close and $0 out the VISA but not the other 2 credit products that i had.

3. KOHLS ( backed by CapOne) is open even though i burned CapOne for a substatial CC amount. - Is it ok to use this card now, as far as the trustee/BK court is concerned?  I was thinking about going to KOHLS and pick up a few fall items anyway.  I'm curious to see if it is stil actually open.  

4. Federal student loans (2) showing 'closed' and $0 balance. - Is it correct to assume that these will reappear as open?  They are still in deferrment.  I also have (2) Sallie Mae student loans that are still open and in deferrment.  I am the co-signer on the student loans.

Other than that, all 35 + other accts are showing closed and $0 balances.  Not seeing any IIB remarks or notations anywhere on reports yet.

I know it's early, wait 30 days, etc.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Recent DC - a new HP and a few abnormailities.

@twono wrote:

A few things i noticed when i pulled my reports after being DC'd a few days ag0.

1.  WINGS CU hard pulled Experian for a loan app. - Is it ok to call them and ask what the heck is going on with that, or send a letter instead?

2.  PENFED is showing a PLOC and personal loan as 'open' and with balances , but the PENFED VISA has been closed and $0 bal for a while now. - Just give PENFED some time to come around and update those 2 accts?  I guess i'm just confused as to why they would close and $0 out the VISA but not the other 2 credit products that i had.

3. KOHLS ( backed by CapOne) is open even though i burned CapOne for a substatial CC amount. - Is it ok to use this card now, as far as the trustee/BK court is concerned?  I was thinking about going to KOHLS and pick up a few fall items anyway.  I'm curious to see if it is stil actually open.  

4. Federal student loans (2) showing 'closed' and $0 balance. - Is it correct to assume that these will reappear as open?  They are still in deferrment.  I also have (2) Sallie Mae student loans that are still open and in deferrment.  I am the co-signer on the student loans.

Other than that, all 35 + other accts are showing closed and $0 balances.  Not seeing any IIB remarks or notations anywhere on reports yet.

I know it's early, wait 30 days, etc.

This. They eventually have to abide by the law. If not, your lawyer can go after them and you'll be rewarded $1000 plus court/attorney fees. Patience fellow poster.

Message 2 of 7
twono
Frequent Contributor

What about WINGS pulling my credit?  That's some BS.  I'm not seeing any fraudulent/identity theft type stuff going on with my identity.

I think they made a bogus pull just to check out my BK situation themselves.

What about the KOHLS card?  Give it a whirl?  Maybe try to buy something with it online?

The DC is reporting on all 3 bureaus.  I got score bumps to put me over 600.  If/when Penfed removes those 2 accts still reporting, i should get another bit of a score bump.

Got all kinds of questions now:

Is it too early to open a secure CC with my bank and my local CU?  I'm guessing that a secured CC isn't based on credit scores.

If my KOHLS stays open, and my student loans are current/no lates, that is good for a credit rebuild i wouuld guess.  Some loans are 4 yrs old, KOHLS is 3 yrs old i believe.

And trust me, i'm in no hurrrrryyyyy whatsoever to get credit again.  Only re-establishing it to buy/build a home in 2 yrs.  Like i said, i drive a 20 yr old truck, and 16 yr old beater work car and will drive those til they die.  Actually haven't had a vehicle loan since '97 i think.

Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@twono wrote:

What about WINGS pulling my credit?  That's some BS.  I'm not seeing any fraudulent/identity theft type stuff going on with my identity.

I think they made a bogus pull just to check out my BK situation themselves. Dispute it. I know there's all kind of rules that your creditors can pull at anytime. But this is pushing it. IMO. Cant hurt.

What about the KOHLS card?  Give it a whirl?  Maybe try to buy something with it online? It appears that you can see all the accounts. If it doesnt say closed. It may have survived if they wernt burnt. Its a toss up.

The DC is reporting on all 3 bureaus.  I got score bumps to put me over 600.  If/when Penfed removes those 2 accts still reporting, i should get another bit of a score bump.

Got all kinds of questions now:

Is it too early to open a secure CC with my bank and my local CU?  I'm guessing that a secured CC isn't based on credit scores. They will pull your reports. Another toss up. I'd go in brach and talk to a CSR. See how they handle it. In person is better than online.

If my KOHLS stays open, and my student loans are current/no lates, that is good for a credit rebuild i wouuld guess.  Yes, especially your SL's over a store card..Some loans are 4 yrs old, KOHLS is 3 yrs old i believe.

And trust me, i'm in no hurrrrryyyyy whatsoever to get credit again.  Only re-establishing it to buy/build a home in 2 yrs.  Like i said, i drive a 20 yr old truck, and 16 yr old beater work car and will drive those til they die.  Actually haven't had a vehicle loan since '97 i think.

There ya have it. Start slow and do some in person in branch visits. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 7
mikethewxguy
Established Member

Did you happen to have an auto loan with Penfed?

I only ask because I had both a credit card and an auto loan with PenFed.  I filed on 2 AUG. They do "Cross-collateralization"  between their credit cards and auto loans.

I'm trying to reaffirm the auto loan (via my attorney) but they have not responded.  I'm 30 days away from Discharge.  They (PenFed) have been slow with everything.  My PenFed credit card just recently dissapeared from my online account and I think it was only because I had started disputing it on my credit reports to get it to show "IIB" w/ $0 - and that just happened a couple days ago.

I'm curious on what I should do if PenFed does not respond to the reaffirmation request on the auto loan.  My attorney says that if they don't respond I can keep the vehicle as long as I make payments on it (have not missed any payments on it at all thus far).  I'm then curious what will happen when the vehicle is paid off a few years from now.  Will they send me the title? Or will they say I still owe $$$$ on the credit card that was included in bankruptcy (because of the cross collateralization clause)?  Any thoughts? 

Message 5 of 7
twono
Frequent Contributor

@mikethewxguy wrote:

Did you happen to have an auto loan with Penfed?

I only ask because I had both a credit card and an auto loan with PenFed.  I filed on 2 AUG. They do "Cross-collateralization"  between their credit cards and auto loans.

I'm trying to reaffirm the auto loan (via my attorney) but they have not responded.  I'm 30 days away from Discharge.  They (PenFed) have been slow with everything.  My PenFed credit card just recently dissapeared from my online account and I think it was only because I had started disputing it on my credit reports to get it to show "IIB" w/ $0 - and that just happened a couple days ago.

I'm curious on what I should do if PenFed does not respond to the reaffirmation request on the auto loan.  My attorney says that if they don't respond I can keep the vehicle as long as I make payments on it (have not missed any payments on it at all thus far).  I'm then curious what will happen when the vehicle is paid off a few years from now.  Will they send me the title? Or will they say I still owe $$$$ on the credit card that was included in bankruptcy (because of the cross collateralization clause)?  Any thoughts? 

I didn't have an auto loan with Penfed.  A PLOC, personal loan, and VISA.

Sorry i can't add any helpful info.

Is the car worth re-affirming?  Can you let it go and get another car?  Opportunities for financing after DC are endless.  Higher rates of course, but maybe get a less expensive car?  I'm not suggesting that you have an expensive car, btw.

I see your concerns with PENFED and cross cpollaterization after you pay the car off and patiently wait for the title, if it ever came.

Message 6 of 7
mikethewxguy
Established Member

I definitely want to keep the car If I can.  However, I completely understand if it's not possible.  It's a 2018 Toyota 4Runner (TRD Pro) in a limited color - and I owe about $38k on it.  They keep their value big time...bought it for $45k and I probably could sell it for a little more than that today if I wanted to.  I have a family, a huge German Shepherd, and we like to take road trips/go camping when we can.  Like I said, I'm ok if I have to let it go...it's just honestly my dream car (truck) and fits our family so well.  The finance rate on it isn't too bad at 4.3% either.  Just stinks not knowing if I will get the title when it's paid off.  Not sure what I'll do if they don't reaffirm.  Stop making payments and let it go or take the chance. Hopefully my attorney will get something from them soon.  Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the reply.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.