Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently filed - creditor meeting on November 26th - next steps

tag
SwipeToUnlock

Recently filed - creditor meeting on November 26th - next steps

Hi Everyone

I'm new these forums - I contemplated filing chapter 7 for a few years now. I racked up a lot of debt in my young years of being 20. I'm now 26, ready to buckle down and fix things.

I recently filed and had my creditor meeting on November 26. 

I've been lurking on these forums for a bit - but would like to know a few things:

1. When should I expect to get my discharge papers?

2. When will I start recieving credit offers?

3. How soon after my discharge can I apply for a car loan?

I make about $75k a year and just looking to live a NORMAL lifestyle without relying on prepaid cards and just living the life i didn't expect at my age. With my income, what can I expect? What should I do first? 

Thanks for any and all input - I'm excited to start this new chapter in my life. Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kd081708
Regular Contributor

Re: Recently filed - creditor meeting on November 26th - next steps

Congrats on getting through your creditors meeting. Now the hard part is waiting. :-) I have answered your questions below.

1) My discharged order was entered exactly 60 days from my creditors meeting. It must be an automatic thing in my state. I had my creditors meeting on August 23rd and when I logged into Pacer on October 23rd it showed the discharged. I received the paper in the mile about 3 days later.

2) I began receiving auto loan pre-approval offers the same week of my discharge. I have not received any credit card offers but I think it is because my scores are still low, I have no revolving credit lines right now, and I included a lot of the popular cards in my bankruptcy. So Im saving up to get a secured card and then I'm hoping to have better luck then.

3) I actually received an auto loan immediately I filed through a company/program called 722 redemption. As long as you have filed, they can approve you. The loan is through Prestige Financial. I had applied with them the week before and was denied but I was approved via 722 redemption. There are a lot of bad comments about them but I set up automatic payments and haven't heard from them once in the 4 months I have had the car.

Hope this information helps!

Starting Score: EQ 450 EX 498 TU 470
Current Score:
EQ 574 EX 581 TU 572 Barclay 596 Merrick 612
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

I have finally reached a point where I know I must file for BK.   I make about the same amount of money as you stated and assumed that it was too much to file Chapter 7 b/c it is over the median.    Did you have to pass the means test?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Packerfan, I, too, had to file based on the means test and passed with flying colors. Be sure you retain an attorney who is competent in doing so.

Use that as a question during your selection process as many offer free consultations. Ask how many of their filings are based on median income vs means test.

We settled on a great attorney in our area.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.