Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinancing auto loan after a discharged chapter 7

tag
Mrmoore
New Visitor

Refinancing auto loan after a discharged chapter 7

In August of 2011 my chapter 7 bk was discharged. In March of 2012 I purchased a new vehicle after the bankruptcy with Capital one as the lien holder. My question is I would like to refinance the loan now however capital one will not refinance an existing loan of theirs which make sense. So I am wondering what bank will refinance me after a discharged bk with no late payments after bk and all accounts current.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Refinancing auto loan after a discharged chapter 7

@Mrmoore wrote:
In August of 2011 my chapter 7 bk was discharged. In March of 2012 I purchased a new vehicle after the bankruptcy with Capital one as the lien holder. My question is I would like to refinance the loan now however capital one will not refinance an existing loan of theirs which make sense. So I am wondering what bank will refinance me after a discharged bk with no late payments after bk and all accounts current.

If you had any way into NFCU I would take that route Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 3
Succeedin2
Established Member

Re: Refinancing auto loan after a discharged chapter 7

Congratulations!!!! If I were you, I would start by opening up an account at a credit union and then ask them about their products. I was in the same situation as you however with a miracle by God my BK does not show on any of my reports. My interest is high and Ive had two years of excellent payments in fact I paid $70 extra. My sister sells cars at a Lexus dealer in GA and I am trading that 2011 Ford Focus in for a 2009 Lexus IS 250 and my payments will be $40 more than my current loan with Chase. I wish you the best check ALL your options Credit Unions are great to deal with!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.