Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinancing car after 7 bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refinancing car after 7 bankruptcy

So we let our car go and bought a new one in bankruptcy.
It sits at a "lovely" 10 percent.
How many months do bn i have to wait to refinance?

Anyone recently done one with NFCU? We discharged dec and got the car dec but first payment we paid end of jan (but we paid early so it's actually feb on credit reports)

Any other places to try refilling? I'm assuming capital 1 wont just offer us a better rate themselves (lthough it would be nice!!)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refinancing car after 7 bankruptcy

Anyone?
Just pulled one of our FICO 8s and hubby sits at 640 and I'm at 670
He is the only one with income though Smiley Happy we discharged 12/18
Message 2 of 8
Misses_November
Contributor

I was just coming on to ask the same question!  I discharged in Dec 18, got my new auto prior to discharge, and made first payment in November of 2018.  I'm at 14%, no lates on new auto (actually no lates on old one as well, but that's in the 7).  Would love to refi!  Have tried a few places but they are saying no due to the 7.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any luck?
Message 4 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Try Capital One Auto, it's a soft pull and will give you an idea what you're looking at for rates.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's who we have already and they wont refinance against themselves
Message 6 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Ah sorry, I missed that in your first post. Nope, no one will refi their own loan. Are you already members at Navy Fed? They have a pretty good reputation with those rebuilding their credit. Also you might try DCU, Digital Credit Union. Your 670 score may be good enough for a joint app with your husband's income for meeting DTI. You can app for a loan without being a member, you just have to join if approved.  My car loan is with DCU but I'm 9 years post discharge and score around 730. (Yea! 1 more year 'till that *bleep* BK is off my report)

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops your comment made r
Me realize I posted wrong! Hubby sits there. Mine is just a few points over 700. It's the better of the 2 scores, but hubby has all the income
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.