Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected by Barclay's Apple

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rejected by Barclay's Apple

Woman Sad  now I am discouraged!  I applied on line, i am now 6 months and 11 days out of chapter 7.  I kept reading on here barclays is 7-4BK friendly. they said they cannot process my application at this time and in 7-10 days, blah blah...  should I call the recon line once I get the letter?

thank you!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Rejected by Barclay's Apple

I've read that they usually like to see about a year of rebuilding first.  Someone else who has direct experience maybe can chime in.

Message 2 of 15
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@coreyb80 wrote:

I've read that they usually like to see about a year of rebuilding first.  Someone else who has direct experience maybe can chime in.

Yeah, I got my first Barclays card 1 yr. 2 months post discharge. And Barclays doesn't like to be the first post BK lender, they like to see at least six months post BK payment history, a secured card or store card, even Credit One if you must.

Message 3 of 15
JaseT
Established Contributor

Just a data point:

I got my Barclays Apple Rewards card 10 months post BK7 discharge.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 4 of 15
kiea
Frequent Contributor

You have to call to get someone to manual review your application.  The customer service representatives have the ability to overturn the denial if your credit profile is good enough.

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 5 of 15
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

At the point when I tried to app for Barclay's Apple, I had two credit cards for more than 6 months and I was a year out of BK7 DC, I was denied. When I called for recon, they still denied me and clarify that I needed a year of rebuilding to be approved.

So I gave it few more months until I had two credit cards pass a year of rebuild, I app'd for Barclay's Apple online and was instantly approved $2,500.

You'll have to wait for 6 more months before you give it a shot. Or the least you can do is recon, see what'd they say.

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Goals: Grow scores into 700s
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask if you included Barclay in your BK?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

no they were not IIB, i 've never had them before

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks so much for the info!   I have 2 cards opened right now both were pre-approvals, one Ulta, commenity bank (who I did burn in BK but not Ulta, the other 3 - express, limited and one more) and I was pre-approved for Ollo mastercard which I have had for 2 months now, and Ulta I have had right after BK was discharged, since May.  Both are always PIF low utilzation ratio's. 

I will call the recon line but take your advice and wait it out.

Message 9 of 15
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Barclays rejected me, too, when I first started to rebuild back in 2011, I believe. Same reason as everyone else, they like to see at least one year of rebuilding. I ended up getting an unsecured with Credit One (would NOT recommend) and a secured with a credit union. I had them both for less than a year, and then I got an unsecured with Capital One. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.