Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental Cars and Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rental Cars and Chapter 7

Wondering what others experiences have been with the different rental agencies and credit checks when you use a debit card.

I know the various rental agencies will put a hold on maybe $200 or so when you rent.  That's fine easy to deal with.

I'm curious specifically about experiences with credit checks and renting a car?  Currently I'm below 600 with my score for obvious reasons.  I've heard Enterprise and Avis may not do credit checks?  Anyone have any direct experience with this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rental Cars and Chapter 7

@Anonymous wrote:

Wondering what others experiences have been with the different rental agencies and credit checks when you use a debit card.

I know the various rental agencies will put a hold on maybe $200 or so when you rent.  That's fine easy to deal with.

I'm curious specifically about experiences with credit checks and renting a car?  Currently I'm below 600 with my score for obvious reasons.  I've heard Enterprise and Avis may not do credit checks?  Anyone have any direct experience with this?

Correct about Enterprise but I always keep my reports frozen so they can't get pulled anyway. I just used Enterprise for 4 weeks a few months ago. No issues except for the excessive hold on my credit card.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rental Cars and Chapter 7

In my experience it depends on the individual rental car place, not the company per se.  There's no single rule for Enterprise.  Different locations have different policies.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.