cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Questions After BK7?

Established Member

Reporting Questions After BK7?

Hello All, time for another update and some quick questions...

So, I discharged on 7/17! I now have opened five new accounts and they are as follows...

Cap One Platinum - $300 SL - CLI to $400 with Credit Steps to $500 Next Month. 

Kohl's backed by Cap One - $300 SL 

Target backed TD Bank - $200 SL

Indigo Platinum MC backed by Genesis - $300 SL

Cap One Auto @ 8.1% for 72 months - $10,465

My FICO scores are on the Rise! & my utilization has actually reported higher this month...will PIF all accounts by Decemeber. 

They are all between 608-620 as of now. 

My reports still look wonky to me...they are showing my payment history percentage at 94% which must be included accounts before discharge though they were all closed...is this normal? 

I then have an old apartment debt that is showing as a collection...it shows as a zero balance now and does say IIBK but, all of my other old collections are not in that section anymore as they are closed...Is this normal? 

A First Premier account is still showing as a charge off/derog though it was IIBK and says so... I've attached screenshots from my most recent credit report with MyFico as it's easier to see it for yourself. Please let me know if I need to be disputing these items and if it would help my scores. Anything since the BK is payed mostly in full and on time of course. Thank you for your help in advance!

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 5.32.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-11 at 5.35.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-11 at 5.33.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-11 at 5.33.36 PM.png

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Reporting Questions After BK7?

FTC OSC section 607, item 6 states: “A consumer report may include an account that was discharged in bankruptcy (as well as the bankruptcy itself), as long as it reports a zero balance due to reflect the fact that the consumer is no longer liable for the discharged debt.

So, after the discharge, you are entitled under federal law to have the balance of each discharged debt reported as “O”. The history of delinquencies can be reported, but the balance must be zero.

Looks like they are all showing "0" balance and IIB. They look normal. Robert EG can do more with a fine tooth comb details. I have a 30 day late from years before my BK on a paid account. It is considered in the percentage thing. I think I'm at 98%.

My posts are JMHO and what I have learned here. I am not perfect, nor claim to be an expert. Just sharing my experiences.
Message 2 of 3
Established Member

Re: Reporting Questions After BK7?

Thank you for the reply. These aren't hurting me too bad even though they do report this way. My scores are up over 100 points since filing and I have gotten enough approvals for now. It is what it is Smiley Happy - I may send a verification request to the credit bureaus on these accounts to see what happens but, if they don't remove them it is alright. Thank you again!

Message 3 of 3