Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting after discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting after discharge

Hi, this is my first post.

I filed CH7 Aug 2018, discharged Dec 9, 2018.

How long does it take for accounts to say discharged? (seems like the 3 bureaus operate differently)

I see that a lot of accounts are reporting as negative but NOTHING was deliquent when I filed, all accounts were current.

Also should a paid collection still be showing?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Re: Reporting after discharge

It shouldn't take long to show the discharge but it may take time to correct itself. Just be patient and let time do its magic. I would suggest to wait about 60 days, after that start to dispute any inaccuracies in your credit report. Good luck

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reporting after discharge

The thing is that I have a Military Star Card that all my payments were current on before filing.
I did miss one payment that was technically only missed a few days prior to filing because I stopped paying my credit cards.
They marked my account as a chargoff/collection account on my credit report. I filed a dispute with TU to change this because it should show as IIB. None of the other creditors reported their accounts as collections, and I had missed two payments with Wells Fargo and three payments with Citi, and neither of them marked it as a collection/charge off.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.