Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting as late payments after BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting as late payments after BK

New here and so grateful for all the knowledge and willingness to share.
I filed 7 in Sept and am awaiting my DC. Currently righting any wrongs on my reports.
At the time of filing none of my accounts were late, not even once and I timed the day I filed based off when they all had a chance to report the last payment I made.
Experian is reporting all of my accounts as late for the following month that I filled even though the accounts were effectively closed at that time.
The other two are not reporting that way.
My question is does it even matter to have it showing as late and if so how do I fix that? It seems to be impacting my score now(660 before file 552 today), will it have any impact on the rebuilding?
6 REPLIES 6
twono
Frequent Contributor

Re: Reporting as late payments after BK

@Anonymous wrote:
New here and so grateful for all the knowledge and willingness to share.
I filed 7 in Sept and am awaiting my DC. Currently righting any wrongs on my reports.
At the time of filing none of my accounts were late, not even once and I timed the day I filed based off when they all had a chance to report the last payment I made.
Experian is reporting all of my accounts as late for the following month that I filled even though the accounts were effectively closed at that time.
The other two are not reporting that way.
My question is does it even matter to have it showing as late and if so how do I fix that? It seems to be impacting my score now(660 before file 552 today), will it have any impact on the rebuilding?

That's just an Experian thing in my experience.  All 35+ of my accts that were IIB on creditchecktotal.com, who provide EX data, are listed as 1 late payment.

But the EX report from free annual credit report .com does not list them as late.

Where did you get your EX report from?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I get the credit monitoring from Experian website directly.
Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Welcome @Anonymous You haven't been DC'ed yet. There will be a bunch of updates up to 30 days after DC. Sit back and relax and let it play out for now. Then if they are still there. Then you can fight it. Its too soon yet.

Message 4 of 7
spartanspirit
Contributor

I was discharged last week and I’m experiencing this same thing. I too get credit monitoring through experian and I have one late notation for every account IIB even though I was never late beforehand. The weird thing is, for each account, it says I have 100% on time payment.
Message 5 of 7
2b2rich
Established Contributor

It’s definitely an EX thing, I believe.  All of my accounts in EX show 90 days late or at least 30, when they were not.  My mortgage shows zero bal IIB on EQ and TU, but on EX it shows 90 days late, 0 bal, IIB and Charge Off.  It’s also never been late.  I’m  going to wait and see if they get corrected, and do like FireMedic said, if still reporting incorrectly 30 days past DC I will begin disputing them.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 6 of 7
twono
Frequent Contributor

credit karma post dc.jpg

In contrast to EX, here's my TU/Vantage from CK.  The '1' derog is the BK itself.

EQ shows the same.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.