Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCT.... C7.... NFCU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SCT.... C7.... NFCU?

Hey guys first post!!

I have been following sporadically during credit related searches over the years and decided to join!

I have two questions..

I googled something about wayfair credit card and saw someone say SCT in a bunch of threads. What does this acronym mean? I searched and cant find it for the life of me!!

Also, I am 4 years post chapter 7. I had filed due to a medical injury on a private property due to my error and didn't have insurance. Unfortunately I was not completely aware that NFCU would blacklist me for including them. (Worst thing ever!)

I am currently 27, income is 75k and I have a credit score of 720 (mainly due to high DTI.. only one inquiry across the board on bureaus, 5 cards and auto loan. 

I'm so dire to get back with NFCU! I use USAA but it just isnt the same with the lending and banking. They took a hit for 4500 dollars (most my debt were with amex, cap1 etc) I've called and spoke to a few different departments who said I could pay back the money then MAYBE I would be considered for lines of credit again.

I certainly dont have a lot of money sitting around but could swing it if it would benefit me. My concern is that I pay it and it does nothing for me (although yes it was my debt to begin with)

The goal is to get a card with them again then eventually a house or auto loan etc.  So ideally I want to set up with a credit card and build my account and trust with them.

My concern is that they wont lend me credit even if I pay in full. Does anyone have any advice on this? Are they known to be generous in the fact if I pay it they would allow credit? Does anyone have any exact experience with this? How long did you have to wait to start borrowing again? 

Any input would really be helpful. I'm falling into some money in the near future (a settlement) so I'd be in the position to consider this if it was viable.

Thanks so much!

8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: SCT.... C7.... NFCU?

Are you in the position to make NFCU whole on the loss incurred?

Message 2 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

SCT Shopping Cart Trick.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be when I get the settlement without straining myself. But to me to throw 4500 into a bank who will never let me loan again is my dilemma which is why I'm hoping someone has this particular experience with NFCU

Message 4 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I will be when I get the settlement without straining myself. But to me to throw 4500 into a bank who will never let me loan again is my dilemma which is why I'm hoping someone has this particular experience with NFCU

There are success stories available to read here. Navy will let you back in.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero that's good to hear. I'm hoping someone who has done it has any information on the route they went (what department they went with, did they get anything in writing etc)

Message 6 of 9
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

You will have to pay them back in full. There are a lot of success stories here on the boards, but remember nothing is a guarantee. They also will never put anything in writing promising to let you back in.............................

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I figured they wouldnt put anything in writing. It's just more of a question what protocol someone followed that worked for them is all I'm curious about 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else with experience directly ?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.