cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCCESS Getting Ch13 Dismissed BK removed before 10 yrs EQ

sireenergy
New Visitor

Re: SUCCESS Getting Ch13 Dismissed BK removed before 10 yrs EQ

hi please what  did u wirte to the bbb???? i have the same scenerio i have a dismissed ch13 bk i ws happy it was going away i called they told me 3 more years please help me out thanx

Message 21 of 42
Dr_Wednesday
New Member

Re: SUCCESS Getting Ch13 Dismissed BK removed before 10 yrs EQ

Did you ever hear back from the BBB? What was their response?

Message 22 of 42
CT4979
Member

Re: SUCCESS Getting Ch13 Dismissed BK removed before 10 yrs EQ

The BBB sided with the CRA. I haven't tried again.
Message 23 of 42
hankytank
New Visitor

Re: SUCCESS Getting Ch13 Dismissed BK removed before 10 yrs EQ

Looks like I will have the same problem with Equifax. I have already  disputed and waiting to hear back. If they refuse to remove it I will look further into the legal options. It could be that for some states Equifax will have to remove it. So perhaps we should check with your state Attorney General. As extra leverage, I won't be using Equifax credit products any longer and will go with TU and Experian.

Message 24 of 42
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: SUCCESS Getting Ch13 Dismissed BK removed before 10 yrs EQ


@hankytank wrote:

Looks like I will have the same problem with Equifax. I have already  disputed and waiting to hear back. If they refuse to remove it I will look further into the legal options. It could be that for some states Equifax will have to remove it. So perhaps we should check with your state Attorney General. As extra leverage, I won't be using Equifax credit products any longer and will go with TU and Experian.


I'm not sure what legal options you have... EQ just isn't as nice as TU and EX when it comes to early exclusion.

 

Dismissed Ch 13 stays 10 years...  completing the plan and getting discharged will get it removed in 7.   Will TU and EX remove a dismissed Ch 13 at 7 years?  Obviously they will.  Are they required to?  No. 

 

Is EQ required to?  No... and they seem to hold their ground about that.

 

Early exclusion is at the CRA's discretion... and EQ is the most stubborn of the 3.

 

 

Gardening since: 3-25-15
Message 25 of 42
StartingOver1980
New Member

Re: SUCCESS Getting Ch13 Dismissed BK removed before 10 yrs EQ

Do you have a suggestion for the wording?  I want to send mt emails requesting to have my bankruptcy taken off in the next week or so.  I'm trying to get my printer set up at home so that I can print out my CR and go over it.  I saw one of my scores go down recently when I paid something down, which was very confusing for me.  It was my TU FICO score on here.  This whole thing is very confusing for me.  I've been in the gardening process of paying everything I have down to 20%, and was hoping that my score was going to go up.  I'm hoping it was just a one time thing.  I paid off 3 credit cards this month, and plan to pay more off next month.  I want to buy a house at the end of the year, and I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly to make my credit score the best that it can be.  Sorry for the long post, I'm just stressed about my credit.

 

Thank you for all of your advice!


@TRC_WA wrote:

@StartingOver1980 wrote:

I have some unpaid medical on my CR.  I have opened a Capital One prepaid for $200, Credit One Bank for $400, First Premiere Bank for $700, Milestone for $300, Carecredit for $400, Lane Bryant for $600, and I have a Conn's account.  I also have accounts with Fingerhut, Ginnys, Stoneberry, and Seventh Avenue.  I always make more than the minimum payment.  I will take a closer look into my credit report so that I can dispute items that shouldn't be there.  In your experience is it better to send letters or emails to dispute incorrect items on the CR?  Sorry for all of the questions.  It's easier to talk to someone that's been through the same thing, rather than someone who just wants money from me to help me fix it.  Thank you again for all of your help!  I read your thread that you gave me, and it is very helpful.  I have only dreamed of holding cards with some of the people that you have.  Not because I want to charge them up, just because it means you have your stuff together enough to be approved with them.


Not a problem... and thanks.  Rebuilding hasn't been all that difficult, but it has required patience. 

 

Looks like you have enough CC's to rebuild a solid profile... so you need to go over your reports with a fine toothed comb and look for anything that isn't reporting correctly.  All your accounts from the Ch 13 should report closed IIB with $0 balance.  If they don't, dispute it.  I always dispute online via the CRA website.

 

I would hold off on applying for any more credit right now.  You have enough new accounts and INQs.  You should lay low for 6 months at least.

 

Also, research the credit rebuilding forum on what to do about the unpaid medical.  I have no experience with that but many over there do.

 

 


 

Equifax 588 5.11.15 TransUnion 621 5.11.15 Experian 632 5.11.15
Just starting the journey of rebuilding my credit, and I need all the help I can get lol.
Message 26 of 42
StartingOver1980
New Member

Re: SUCCESS Getting Ch13 Dismissed BK removed before 10 yrs EQ

How do you know which products use which CRA?  I've never known until after I was approved or denied, and they told me where they pulled their info from.


@hankytank wrote:

Looks like I will have the same problem with Equifax. I have already  disputed and waiting to hear back. If they refuse to remove it I will look further into the legal options. It could be that for some states Equifax will have to remove it. So perhaps we should check with your state Attorney General. As extra leverage, I won't be using Equifax credit products any longer and will go with TU and Experian.


 

Equifax 588 5.11.15 TransUnion 621 5.11.15 Experian 632 5.11.15
Just starting the journey of rebuilding my credit, and I need all the help I can get lol.
Message 27 of 42
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: SUCCESS Getting Ch13 Dismissed BK removed before 10 yrs EQ


@StartingOver1980 wrote:

How do you know which products use which CRA?  I've never known until after I was approved or denied, and they told me where they pulled their info from.


@hankytank wrote:

Looks like I will have the same problem with Equifax. I have already  disputed and waiting to hear back. If they refuse to remove it I will look further into the legal options. It could be that for some states Equifax will have to remove it. So perhaps we should check with your state Attorney General. As extra leverage, I won't be using Equifax credit products any longer and will go with TU and Experian.


 


These forums should be able to tell you Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
755 EQ FICO 12/2019
750 TU FICO 12/2019
743 EX FICO 12/2019
$29k NFCU Platinum | $30k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold
Message 28 of 42
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: SUCCESS Getting Ch13 Dismissed BK removed before 10 yrs EQ


@StartingOver1980 wrote:

Do you have a suggestion for the wording?  I want to send mt emails requesting to have my bankruptcy taken off in the next week or so.  I'm trying to get my printer set up at home so that I can print out my CR and go over it.  I saw one of my scores go down recently when I paid something down, which was very confusing for me.  It was my TU FICO score on here.  This whole thing is very confusing for me.  I've been in the gardening process of paying everything I have down to 20%, and was hoping that my score was going to go up.  I'm hoping it was just a one time thing.  I paid off 3 credit cards this month, and plan to pay more off next month.  I want to buy a house at the end of the year, and I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly to make my credit score the best that it can be.  Sorry for the long post, I'm just stressed about my credit.

 

Thank you for all of your advice!




 


Maybe check in the rebuilding forums?  I only tried early removal with TU and I did it over the phone... and failed.

 

Gardening since: 3-25-15
Message 29 of 42
SmartSaver
New Visitor

Re: SUCCESS Getting Ch13 Dismissed BK removed before 10 yrs EQ

I specifically created an account with myFICO to to pay it forward to the next person that finds this forum and has any doubt that this can actually work. Well, here is a 2016 success story:

 

So, I was doing a regular checkup on the status of my credit and noticed that my Dismissed Ch13 public record had been deleted from Tu and Ex YAAAY! This explained the recent jump in my score, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out why the Eq score hadn't made any significant adjustments. I made a random google search for more information to figure out why Eq was holding out, and VIOLA! this life/credit changing post from ABD!!! First of all, thank you, ABD for sharing your experience in detail. I followed your example exactly as you mentioned, and it worked. Here are some details of my experience:

 

1.) 5-May -- Mailed the initial letter to Eq. I made a few slight changes, to fit my personal style... not that these people know me from a can of paint, but I figured I'd put the energy out there :-) The bulk and most important details of the letter were verbatim. Signed in blue in and sent via USPS Certified Mail.

 

2.) 16-May -- Received an email with a confirmation number once the dispute was received by Eq. This allowed me to login and review the results of my dispute online. (Official dispute date as noted by Eq: 9-May)

 

3.) 18-May -- Received an email reminder indicating that my dispute results we available. I don't recall receiving an email prior to the reminder. (Official dispute completion date as noted by Eq:16-May) ... Eq: "A non discharged, OPEN, or dismissed chapter 13 bankruptcy remains on the credit file for 10 years from the date of the filing date." BUMMER :-(

 

ON TO THE NEXT STEP...

 

4.) 19-May -- Filed and online complaint with BBB in Atlanta and was assigned a case number (received via email) the next day. BBB: "This business has until 19-June to respond to your complaint"

 

5.) 31-May -- Received an email form BBB that my case had received a response from the business. Funny, because I was getting antsy that morning and had logged onto the Eq website to see if I had any updates on my credit file since the confirmation number from the initial dispute directly to Eq was still live (active for 30 days). Here's what I found 20 mins before I received the update email form BBB:

-----> New confirmation number and dispute (dispute date 23-May) had been logged, presumably from the BBB involvement.

-----> Dispute completion date 24-May

-----> Eq: "The results are: This item has been deleted from credit file."

 

I don't have to tell my reaction to that news, you already know!!!

 

To anyone reading this I echo ADB's sentiment. "Don't believe you have to live with a 10 year dismissed Ch.13 BK"

 

 

 

 

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.