Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score dropped for no reason

tag
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Score dropped for no reason

My BK7 was disc in Dec 2014 and signed up for Credit Sesame (I know, not a real credit score) and 2 months post BK the scores were about 620 and they were about 580-600 on all reports.  The scores over several months went to as high as 660 5 months post BK but I got a new score for June and CS says score is 570! I sign up for Fico 3 scores and they all come in from 520-570, what gives? Were the CS scores never real for the 4 months it was reporting?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Score dropped for no reason

Getting your ture fico scores is the most important.  Unitl I found this site, those scores are all fako's.  Do you have any current tradelines reporting since the bk?

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 5
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Just a $500 CL on a care credit card that had a zero balance before the BK and account is open and not used yet

Message 3 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Scores don't "drop for no reason"...except maybe the useless scores from Credit Sesame and outfits like that. Here's what you do:

1) Get yourself a copy of each of your three credit reports.

2) Examine them for correctness. Deal with inaccurate information.

3) Buy your mortgage scores from myFICO so you know where you stand scorewise.

4) Work towards having about three tradelines with at least 12 months of positive use/payment history.

5) Chek your scores again after 12 months and get back to us with the results so we can guide you from there.

The above is how you go about building a robust credit profile that will then produce consistent and useful scores. All the best with yoru rebuilding efforts.

Message 4 of 5
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

1.5 years out of BK7 and the scores are now: EQ664TU657EX 660 and FICO mortgage scores are EQ672TU667EX 660.  The only bad thing that I messed up was when I opened a credit builder loan from CU 7 mos ago I opened it with a $2k loan making $85 per month payments (thought of a higher amount showing on CR was a bonus) but when it reported showing a 1921 balance on a 2k loan I did a disservice to myself as the credit will only improve when loan is under 10%.

Live and learn

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.