cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score gores up for accounts listed in BK?

tag
Officer737
Established Contributor

Score gores up for accounts listed in BK?

Just a few mins ago I got an alert that my score changed here n myfico. Log in and see that my score went up by 16 points and the reason why was because an old CC was updated to "included in bk". Should I see this happen when all of the listed accounts finally update?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Score gores up for accounts listed in BK?

It depends on which CB you are getting your score from. For me, my TU and EQ are around 650 because the payment history is deleted. But my EX is at 561 because it shows the lates from when I stopped paying at the advice of my attorney before filing.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 20
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

But yes, generally, it should get better. If all of your accounts get updated properly before discharge, then your score won't fluctuate much right after discharge.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 3 of 20
Officer737
Established Contributor

It would nice if they did lol. I have my 341 on 2-10-14 so maybe they are just getting ready. I got multiple alerts today from the 3 monitoring places letting me know that accounts have changed, myfico is the only one that has re-scored though

Message 4 of 20
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Yea - I think MyFico pulls from EQ. Like I said, the payment history on those two were deleted so mine went up. EX is the devil one right now for me.

What's killing me is the 14 hard pulls I had in the two years prior to filing. Ughhhhh
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 5 of 20
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Good luck at your 341 on Monday. Ours was the first one. Started at 9am, think we were out of the courthouse by 9:01am. It was CRAZY.

I stalked PACER to ensure no creditors submitted an objection. Just waiting on discharge know. Should be any day as the last day to object was 2/4.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 6 of 20
Officer737
Established Contributor

Thanks Redsox! Hopefully your's will hurry up and come thru for you. EQ is my lowest right now, Transunion and then EX.

Message 7 of 20
Officer737
Established Contributor

Ok and today 6 accounts that were in good standing gets updated to IIB and score drops 24 points. Those 6 accounts are my student loans and can't be discharged in the BK anyways but I take a hitt for it?

Message 8 of 20
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Technically the account is listing as IIB because it was listed on your petition.

The obligation is still there but the reporting does not have to update.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 9 of 20
Officer737
Established Contributor

Hopefully after discharge they will go back to normal 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.