Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scored a Tier 1/2 Auto Loan after BRK CH7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scored a Tier 1/2 Auto Loan after BRK CH7

So I filed CH 7 about a year and half ago. 

Since then I was able to get a cap1 and with CLI's up to 14.7k, a nordstrom card with 3.5k and a HSBC with 3k.

I also got a card from my parents to help boost and it is a chase saphire with 37k limit. The cars have minimal usual and 

are paid in full every month.

My scores are at 699-702. 

We bought a new toyota last week, and I was suprisingly approved for the 1.9% financing rate!

I burned everyone in BKR except Cap1.

So does this approval help my score, and we financed for 72 but want to pay off in 24.

What is the best way to handle this so this helps boost my score?

Also the BKR only shows on Equifax, not the others.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scored a Tier 1/2 Auto Loan after BRK CH7

Congrats! Great work so far. Interesting the BK is only reporting on EQ.. and you are 100% sure of this? 

The new installment loan should help your credit mix and boost your score!

Message 2 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I filed CH 7 about a year and half ago. 

Since then I was able to get a cap1 and with CLI's up to 14.7k, a nordstrom card with 3.5k and a HSBC with 3k.

I also got a card from my parents to help boost and it is a chase saphire with 37k limit. The cards have minimal usual and 

are paid in full every month.

My scores are at 699-702. 

We bought a new toyota last week, and I was suprisingly approved for the 1.9% financing rate!

I burned everyone in BKR except Cap1.

So does this approval help my score, and we financed for 72 but want to pay off in 24.

What is the best way to handle this so this helps boost my score?

Also the BKR only shows on Equifax, not the others.

Thanks!

Hope you let one 1 card report a small balance and then PIF. Theres 15-25 points waiting in the wings. Good job. Like @Tuscani said. How in the world your BK isnt on all 3? Very strange.

Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah many cases of BKs  falling off early especially towards the end.. but generally never not being reported given it is a public record.. especially so recent. You should buy a PowerBall ticket! Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Tuscani wrote:

Yeah many cases of BKs  falling off early especially towards the end.. but generally never not being reported given it is a public record.. especially so recent. You should buy a PowerBall ticket! Smiley LOL

+1 Lucky so and so.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

😂😂😂. I wish I had that kind of luck! If I did I would have know to close my business much sooner, than to let it drag me down..
yes I’m sure my BKR is only reporting to 1 bureau. Not sure how that happened.

Super excited and that I got approved for such great loan terms. However unfortunately I’ve burned so many credit cards I don’t know if I’ll ever get back with some of them such as Chase, Citi, Amex, or Barclays. That being said I’m very happy with Capital One and they have been good to me so I will continue to be loyal to them since they are the ones that gave me another chance.
Thanks for the advice.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yes I unusually let cap1 report a small balance, usually few hundred and PIF..
Message 7 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Ok cool. Saw pay them all each month. Many dont know. Carry on! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.