Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores after discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores after discharge

So my discharge was Feb 22. The discharge has posted on all three now. Eq just updated my score today, and I'm still waiting on the other two. I have a couple of things in dispute with both, but as of right now, my scores are as follows:
EQ: 589
TU: 554
EX: 564
given that, I'm fighting the urge to apply for anything, besides cap one auto navigator.
I'm not sure that I want to face the rejection right now.
Wife is going to make me an AU on some of her cards, so that will help, and I'm going to see about getting a small rebuilder loan.
Just for s&g, I ran the pre-qualify for cap one cc. Got the congrats message. Burned them for $900, but the acct was closed for well over a year before chap 7.
I thought about credit one, but they were burned for $200.
I kind of want to sit back and just let the dust settle for a while, but that idle time will not increase my scores.
The hesitation is getting to me...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Scores after discharge

I jumped the gun and got a secured card before my discharge. Iv been discharged for about a month now and im sitting in the low 600s, my EX 8 score hit 635 this morning. Up over 100 points from Nov.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are around where I was when I was dc'ed, and immediately apped for and received Cap1 Plat (not secured) and Disco (secured). Check my rebuilding thread if you want more details, but I think you're safe to check prequal for at least disco. I would hold off on Cap1 for at least 6mo, personally since they were IIB, but they are somewhat forgiving. Look into a local CU, they may be open to you. Check the BK friendly cards thread for more. MANY congrats, and best of luck!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one closed my acct in Nov 2016, so that has me kind of curious about the pre-qual.
Message 4 of 6
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

What kind of card did they give you? They gave me the quicksilver for 300.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.