cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores after filing but before discharge, PLEASE HELP!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores after filing but before discharge, PLEASE HELP!!

Hi there. I am new to this but working diligently in "cleaning up my reports". My scores were a range from 531-568 4 weeks after filing on Oct 14, 2014. I should be discharged January 9, 2014. I noticed several items have been changed to IIB, zero balance....... my scores were raising... but then all of a sudden fell as more accounts updated to this status. Transunion dropped 71 points from one account! I was very disappointed. I watch it daily, but still have many accounts that I am waiting for the 30 day investigation to complete and change over.

My question is: Is this how it is supposed to be? Do the scores fall while you are waiting on discharge and increase after discharge? What kind of score can I expect 2 weeks post discharge if my credit report is all cleaned up?

Any comments are truely appreciated

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Scores after filing but before discharge, PLEASE HELP!!

The scores are meaningless until after your discharge. In about 30 days after being discharged, pull your three reports and verify that everything is reporting accurately ... then start building your credit profile and the scores will reflect your improving profile along the way.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.