Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Lender Question

tag
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Self Lender Question

Hello Everyone:

Our BK Chapter 7 was filed on 06-06-19.  Our MOC is on 07-15-19.  I was interested in getting a rebuilder loan with Self Lender.  Does anyone have experience with them?  Am I allowed to open accounts while chapter 7 is open?

Thank you,

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Self Lender Question

Hi,

I opened mines before my Ch.7 was discharged. It helped boost my scores up. Double check with your lawyer if you have one but I do believe it's okay. Also, I have no issues with the company or signing up. Everything has been smooth.

-Ash

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CostantinoA wrote:

Hello Everyone:

Our BK Chapter 7 was filed on 06-06-19.  Our MOC is on 07-15-19.  I was interested in getting a rebuilder loan with Self Lender.  Does anyone have experience with them?  Am I allowed to open accounts while chapter 7 is open?

Thank you,

Some will tell you not to do it until you are discharged, but I got a Self Lender loan (no issues, you'll love it) after the MOC. I also got a Credit One card because I wanted to start rebuilding. I had a well known ruthless lawyer and he said go ahead on applying. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just opened my Self Lender account last month (mid May) and did my first payment on June 1.  They already reported it and it shows on my CR!  whoooohoooooo!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.