Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick to get the Sportsman Club. Visa

tag
AJR1
Contributor

Shopping Cart Trick to get the Sportsman Club. Visa

How do I get it - Someone walk me thru it please - Also Walmart.

Thanks
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping Cart Trick to get the Sportsman Club. Visa

I found some good write-ups on google searching SCT.  Some had their own pages and a few linked back to here in the other sections of this forum. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did too. I’d suggest googling it.
Message 3 of 12
reg45man
Established Member

You can find the trick on youtube.

I just completed the SCT yesterday on a couple of comenity cards. However, I woke up this morning to 2 hard pulls. So, it appears that this this is no longer a soft pulls. Also, your credit should be unfroze.

hope this helps.

Message 4 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The SP SCT is done with Commenity cards. https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Updated-SCT-is-now-a-HP-No-more-tricks/td-...

It died out in Oct. Sorry about your HP's.

Message 5 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I would be very surprised if you got the Visa version from Comenity post BK. Just a word of caution, if by any freak chance you do get it, and you have other store cards backed from them, there's a 98% chance they will ALL be shut down shortly afterwards, and cannot be re-opened.
Message 6 of 12
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
I would be very surprised if you got the Visa version from Comenity post BK. Just a word of caution, if by any freak chance you do get it, and you have other store cards backed from them, there's a 98% chance they will ALL be shut down shortly afterwards, and cannot be re-opened.

How long post BK? As long as you have a BK on your credit report? Who do they think they are, Chase or Citi???

I app'd for their American Kennel Club Visa about this time last year, 7 years post discharge. I was thinking I had a good chance as I had their Bill Me Later/PayPal Credit pre-BK that survived as it had a $0 balance and no other accounts with them, plus EX Fico 720ish. Nope, instant denial and the letter only listed BK.  No store cards with them, I've looked at their long list and I don't shop at any of them.

Message 7 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

How long post BK? As long as you have a BK on your credit report? Who do they think they are, Chase or Citi???

I app'd for their American Kennel Club Visa about this time last year, 7 years post discharge. I was thinking I had a good chance as I had their Bill Me Later/PayPal Credit pre-BK that survived as it had a $0 balance and no other accounts with them, plus EX Fico 720ish. Nope, instant denial and the letter only listed BK.  No store cards with them, I've looked at their long list and I don't shop at any of them.

Yes, their Majors are extrememly hard to get with a BK still on reports (pretty much NO). Several folks have tried at 7 and 8 yrs post, with scores 740-750, and declined solely for BK, and their rebuild was amazing! Once the BK wasnt showing anymore, they got instant approvals online. Sorry to say, but the majors are out. Their store cards though are a diffent story.  All the folks that have tried 7-8 years post, had scores over 740, 1% utilization reporting, and a prestine rebuild from day one post BK. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

I just got approved for the SG Visa about 2 weeks ago. (my discharge was Dec 17')  Also have a Wayfair and Overstock account too.

I wasn't even planning on getting it but was on SG and got the pop-up so I went for it. (had I known they switched to a HP i wouldn't have wasted one but what's done is done) 

i hope they don't cancel the accounts but not much i can do now. 

Anyways, just my .02

Message 9 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

I just got approved for the SG Visa about 2 weeks ago. (my discharge was Dec 17')  Also have a Wayfair and Overstock account too.

I wasn't even planning on getting it but was on SG and got the pop-up so I went for it. (had I known they switched to a HP i wouldn't have wasted one but what's done is done) 

i hope they don't cancel the accounts but not much i can do now. 

Anyways, just my .02

Im really surprised you got approved. Anyway, always do your research first before applying, we could have told you HP. You have about a 75% chance of everything being closed down. Thats kind of what they do. The store cards are fine, but as soon as you add a Visa of theirs into the mix, thats usually when things so south, especially with a BK. Surprised you even got one so soon.

If they do close  your accounts,  just know, that they will close them all, not just the Visa, and they wont re-open them.  In the past, they will do instant approvals inline for the Visa's, but then do a manual review sometime afterwards, and then thats when folks see their accounts closed. Not saying it will happen, just saying there's a high chance of it happening. good luck!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.