Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick to get the Sportsman Club. Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping Cart Trick to get the Sportsman Club. Visa

Why? They HP’d him before issuing  so they already know he has a BK. They are going to shut down his cards for a BK they knew about before giving him the card?

Message 11 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Shopping Cart Trick to get the Sportsman Club. Visa

@Anonymous wrote:

Why? They HP’d him before issuing  so they already know he has a BK. They are going to shut down his cards for a BK they knew about before giving him the card?

I didnt say they were going too, I said it a high possibility they could. Comenity is fine with giving out store cards left and right for rebuilders and those who have BK, but they have a different UW team for the majors and different criteria. The computer doesnt always pick up the BK or other things in a persons application. Most folks who  are instant approved, will get MR of the app later down to the road, it been documented here on the forums several times. Some folks get to keep their card, some folks dont.

Also, when you app for a CC, you are knowingly doing it, and that it will be a HP. Getting approved, then denied for a card later wont change that fact, or get it removed from your reports either.  They could have just as easily denied the app right off the bat, but you wouldnt dispute a legitmate INQ just because of denial. Thats the risks of apps. 

Me personally, I would never apply for a major with Comenity knowing what I know now about them. Ive been with them for many many years, like 20 off and on, and Ive never had a major with them, and probably wont either. Ive had a ton of store cards from them, and currently only have two, my favorites....PB and WS. When I ask for a CLI on my WS card, they deny citing "BK". Just wanting to throw all this out there, and let folks make their own mind up whether they want to risk it or not. I personally dont want to risk having my beloved PB card shut down, lol. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.