Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I ask for this to be changed?

tag
asp123
Valued Member

Should I ask for this to be changed?

I got my EQ report today.  There are 3 items on it that we're included in my bankruptcy in 2008 but are not marked that just. They are accounts showing history since 2004 and 2007 And this (obviously) contains the record of several 30-60-90 and 120 day lates.

Should I ask for this to be corrected or not?  Do you think my score will increase if it is corrected?  I don't think it will impact my AAOA, correct?

Starting Score: 9/2012 - 609
Current Score: 11/9/2012 TU 620 11/9/2012 EQ 591
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
asp123
Valued Member

Re: Should I ask for this to be changed?

Any thoughts...anyone?? Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Bumping for others on the lates, since I'm virtually clueless on BKs, but I think the lates can remain up to the point of the BK. Let's say for a sec they can't be there. How old is the newest late? At the 7-yr mark from the date of that late, they have to drop anyway. Let's say they have to delete. Maybe your CR will look better in its own very soon anyway.

These accounts are factoring into AAoA, for good or bad. You'll have to weigh your AAoA in relation to the age of each of these accounts. If these accounts are older than your AAoA, then there's a risk of losing points if deleted. If these are your oldest accounts and/or the oldest within a given category (e.g. oldest revolving, oldest installment, etc.), then removing them could result in a score drop. Combine the age and you'll have to make a mental determination as to whether the age helps more than the lates hurt. If you go after the lates the credit could wind up deleting and you need to keep that in the back of your mind.

Message 3 of 4
asp123
Valued Member

Thanks for the reply.  After weighing my options and agreeing with what you have said, I am just going to wait it out.  I have no real needs right now...Have bought a house and car is only 3 years old.  I should be good for a while.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.