Did you mean: 

Should I be worried with NFCU?

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Should I be worried with NFCU?

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

I recently opened an account with them and got approved for $500 cashrewards ... I did, however reconed the SL but denied.... I regret doing it .. Should I be worried about my account being frozen ... I've read horror stories these past weeks.. I also opened Penfed before NFCU .. I don't want it to be red flag... And also, my new card is still not on my list of accounts online ...

Kobe2012,

I have read your posts. I don't think you have to worry.  You got approved for $500 and I don't remember how much the other card was. You didn't do much to raise red flags.

I on the hand, am worried because I refaced my car with PNC a month before joining NFCU. I then joined PENFED and was approved 2 Visas. I really didn't need, but I thought I'd use it as a foot in the door. I'm planning on building a new house or doing a major remodel in 2018.  I'm worried I have a acquired too much credit in a month. I will be in a world of hurt if Navy closes my account.  I now have 150k in unsecured credit. I'm still now where what I had before the bankruptcy.

Im'm taking it easy with Navy Federal. I'm just working on building my savings with them know.

Guyatthebeach

Navy doesn't seem to bat an eye at us Egyptians Smiley Very Happy 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 11 of 14
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

I recently opened an account with them and got approved for $500 cashrewards ... I did, however reconed the SL but denied.... I regret doing it .. Should I be worried about my account being frozen ... I've read horror stories these past weeks.. I also opened Penfed before NFCU .. I don't want it to be red flag... And also, my new card is still not on my list of accounts online ...

Kobe2012,

I have read your posts. I don't think you have to worry.  You got approved for $500 and I don't remember how much the other card was. You didn't do much to raise red flags.

I on the hand, am worried because I refaced my car with PNC a month before joining NFCU. I then joined PENFED and was approved 2 Visas. I really didn't need, but I thought I'd use it as a foot in the door. I'm planning on building a new house or doing a major remodel in 2018.  I'm worried I have a acquired too much credit in a month. I will be in a world of hurt if Navy closes my account.  I now have 150k in unsecured credit. I'm still now where what I had before the bankruptcy.

Im'm taking it easy with Navy Federal. I'm just working on building my savings with them know.

Guyatthebeach

I log in everyday just see if my accounts are to open! So far so good.

Message 12 of 14
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

Kobe2012,

Guyatthebeach

I log in everyday just see if my accounts are to open! So far so good.

lol! I do the same every morning!!!

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval Kobe2012!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.