cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get a third card? From who? Disco denied.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I get a third card? From who? Disco denied.

Hi all,

I'm just over two years BK7 discharge and trying to figure out my next step. 

BK7 discharge: 4/10/18

Burned: Chase, Citi, and Discover. My scores went from mid 700's pre-BK to mid 600's post-BK. Everything was IIB except for student loans.

Post BK Credit:

1) Approved for Cap One Plat 1/2019 with $3,000 CL, auto-increased to $3,500 at 6 months.

2) Approved for a SECOND Cap One Plat 12/2019 with $5,000 CL.
3) So, I currently have two cards and one installment loan (student loans)

3) FICO 8 Scores last I checked (March 2020): Eq-755, TU-649, Ex-677
4) Every month I let ~4% report on my second Cap One card and then PIF. I report zero on the first Cap One.

My plan was to try the Disco prequal 6 months after my last card, which I just did today. No dice. If I understand correctly, it is best to have three cards and one installment loan. Should I try another banks prequal to get a third card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I get a third card? From who? Disco denied.

Yes 3 cards and installment loan for optimal scoring. I'd try another bank or even a local cu if you have one. Also wherever you bank if it isn't chase I'd see what they have to offer. If you can get in with navy federal I'd consider going there. 

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Fico 4 TU 690 Fico 5 702 Fico 2 693
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to get prequal for BB&T (if you're in their service area) which is a free SP if approved, or Merrick Bank double your line visa

good luck on your rebuild

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I'm just over two years BK7 discharge and trying to figure out my next step. 

BK7 discharge: 4/10/18

Burned: Chase, Citi, and Discover. My scores went from mid 700's pre-BK to mid 600's post-BK. Everything was IIB except for student loans.

Post BK Credit:

1) Approved for Cap One Plat 1/2019 with $3,000 CL, auto-increased to $3,500 at 6 months.

2) Approved for a SECOND Cap One Plat 12/2019 with $5,000 CL.
3) So, I currently have two cards and one installment loan (student loans)

3) FICO 8 Scores last I checked (March 2020): Eq-755, TU-649, Ex-677
4) Every month I let ~4% report on my second Cap One card and then PIF. I report zero on the first Cap One.

My plan was to try the Disco prequal 6 months after my last card, which I just did today. No dice. If I understand correctly, it is best to have three cards and one installment loan. Should I try another banks prequal to get a third card?

Go here and get those Plats upgraded to QS's so you can get cash back

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.