Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I retire credit one?

tag
Scottie2014
Valued Member

Should I retire credit one?

I got credit one last nov. Cl 300 bumped up to 500 auto in dec. declines any cli I request. I didn't realize until getting the card they charge you interest even if you pif. I have 2 cap one walmart khols rc willey it's a furniture store card with 2k cl. Wonder if I should keep or get rid of. Any suggestions? I'd also like to get Barclays but keep getting turned down not enough credit file and bk. any suggestions how I can better my chances.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I retire credit one?

Only reason to consider keeping is to help your AAoA.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I retire credit one?

I have a CreditOne Visa card. I use it once every other month then pay full balance when statement received. I see no reason to drop an unsecured card since it helps your overall credit profile. You are wanting a prime card like Barclays Visa and you already found out that your credit profile is not robust enough to support being approved. Therefore, if you are bothered by the small amount of interest that you are paying to CreditOne, then use it one very couplf of months and pay it in full before the statement is cut. I think that you should focus on the big picture ... building a robust credit profile. A couple of store cards won't do.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.