cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should debts discharged in bankruptcy list late payments?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should debts discharged in bankruptcy list late payments?

I had my Ch 7 bankruptcy discharged in late 2018 and have been trying to rebuild but my numbers are not budging at all m. I have 3 cards (cap 1 plat SL 3k, ollo SL 2.5k and credit one $400 SL 600 auto CLI in 1 month) and a cap 1 auto navigator loan 35k. All in good standing. My credit report shows the late payments for all the accounts discharged in bankruptcy, I thought I read somewhere it should only show IIB and not the late payments. Please advise if there’s anything to do to clear up my reports. Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Should debts discharged in bankruptcy list late payments?

Lates dont go anywhere. Anything that happens before file date stays. Welcome to the forums. Sorry. Trying to get lates removed from a company that was burned is almost immpossible. They'll have to age out.

Message 2 of 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Should debts discharged in bankruptcy list late payments?

@FireMedic1 is right. Lates incurred before filing for your BK, are accurate and are reporting correctly. The thing they can't do is continue to report AFTER your filing date.

The lates before you filed for BK will follow the rule of DOFD. So, 7 yrs from the date of first delinquency they will fall off. The good news is, some of them just fall off out of the blue a few years after your DC. Some will, some won't.

But they all should be reporting $0 balance/IIB.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.