Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't this be showing IIB on my CR?

tag
Siopao
Regular Contributor

Shouldn't this be showing IIB on my CR?

Hello everyone.  I was looking at my CR report today and noticed something strange.  This creditor was included on my bankruptcy, but it's not showing IIB on my CR.  This is what it looks like.  It's showing a zero balance, but there is still an amount in the "Largest past balance" and also showing the status as bad debit/collection.  It's also showing all my lates.  

All of the other creditors that were IIB do not report any of these, they just have a zero balance and say IIB.  Should I try to dispute this???

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Scheduled Payment Amount [?]Industry
Sep, 2011
Jan, 2008
Sep, 2008
$2,169
Revolving
Individual
$25
Wholesale, Not Elsewhere
Descriptions [?]
  • Account transferred or sold
  • Charged off account

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?]
$0Bad debt/collection
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
2 times
1 time
4 times (Mar 2009, Feb 2009, Jan 2009)
Worst Delinquency [?]
120+ days past due

The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.

Here's an example of what one of my other creditors look like that say IIB.

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Account number [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Industry
Dec, 2011
Jan, 2008
Aug, 2008
XXXXXXXX3481
Unknown
Individual
All Banks
Descriptions [?]
  • Bankruptcy chapter 7
  • Account closed by credit grantor

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?]
$0Included in Bankruptcy
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
0 times
0 times
0 times
Worst Delinquency [?]
None Reported
The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Siopao
Regular Contributor

Re: Shouldn't this be showing IIB on my CR?

Crap...  The formatting got all messed up.  I'm going to try and post some screenshots instead.

Message 2 of 6
Siopao
Regular Contributor

Ok.  Here's a screenshot of the account in question.

Bad Debit

And here is what one of my other accounts that was included in bankruptcy looks like.  All of the accounts that were IIB look similar to this.

Good IIB

Message 3 of 6
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

it can still show lates and chargeoff if they occurred before filing. Should say $0 balance and included or discharged in BK. Yes, you should dispute.

The sample CR you provided appears to be a 3rd part CR. If you haven't already done so since discharge, get copies of your reports from all 3 bureaus and check them for errors. 3rd party CRs are fine for regular monitoring activity, but they vary in info from your full reports, for example, 3rd part CRs often only show 2 years of payment history, and your full report will show 7.
Message 4 of 6
Siopao
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the advice!

I will definitely look into it.

Message 5 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

Like stated before, if it was charged off prior to your BK it is reporting correctly. I have like 4 of these :/  All set to fall off 2015

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.