Your on your way. Nice job. Remember its not a race. The time will fly by. I cant believe its been 3 yrs already. Seems like yesterday.
Congratulations on your awesome rebuilding efforts. You are doing excellent and keep on doing what you are doing!
Here are a couple of recommendations I have:
1. You have enough credit for the moment. Don’t apply for any new credit unless it is needed. Let those inquiries fall off and let’s those accounts age. You will see another small boost in your FICO when those inquiries fall off and all those cards turn two years old. I think I had about a 30 point boost.
2. PENFED is an excellent credit union. It’s looking like you have a really healthy relationship with them. I would schedule an appointment with one of their financial advisors and let them review your credit for any improvements. You might as well as use their resources since it’s free. I would use them for your mortgage.
3. For your credit cards with low credit limits, Discover and Target for example, I would make sure that they have a zero balance and no more than 10% when the statements close.
4. As soon as your Capital One card hits the 6 month mark, I would upgrade it to the Savoy card where you get 3% card back when you eat out. Find a card that works for you. You might as well as use it since you got it.
5. Since you already have a great relationship with PENFED, I would open a savings account with another credit union or bank, so you can have a back up emergency savings account in case of emergency.
Keep doing what you are doing!
|FICO 8 SCORES: 03-25-2020||667 TU||653 EX||668 EQ|