Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slightly Excited!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slightly Excited!!

I filed for Ch 7 back in July (scores in my siggy).  I ran a rpt today just for kicks and giggles, and USAA credit monitoring is showing my Experian score at 628.  I am stoked!  I am disputing a couple of things on EX and TU.  My EQ score is still at  599 and TU 552.  I am so ready for my discharge!

I just had to share with someone! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Freakshow77
Valued Member

Re: Slightly Excited!!

Usaa gives you a fako score buddy it's not real. The only score you can count on is the one you receive from myfico.com

I use usaa as well just to monitor my CR
Pay no attention to the scores they give you
Message 2 of 4
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Unfortunately the previous poster is correct. You can't get an Experian FICO anymore unless you belong to a credit union in PA or it is pulled by a lender. The score given by USAA, Experian or anyother credit monitoring comany is a FAKO, which may be higher or lower than your true FICO score.

At this point, I wouldn't worry too much about your score (unless you have a big purchase coming up soon, like a house or a car). Focus on rebuilding your credit. Pay your bills on time every time. Never be late. Don't apply for too much credit. I filed a Chapter 7 in 2008 and rebuilt with one card for almost three years before I got two other cards. Worked well for me. Don't fall into the trap of applying for multiple cards. Be patient and your score will come up with time.

Congratulations on your credit journey so far and keep your end goal in sight!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies.  I know they are FAKO, but I like to see it up that high anyway.  My fiance added me as an AU  on his card, so hopefully that will help me as well.  As soon as I get my discharge, I will be purchasing a vehicle.  I am antsy!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.