Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So sad I could just cry...

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: So sad I could just cry...

Don't get down on yourself! You got this, it just takes a little blood, sweat and time haha! There is a lot of us here to help. Good luck and keep your head up!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 11 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@tham928 wrote:

Hi everyone, I was discharged from ch 7 on Feb 3, 2014. My current fico score per myfico.com scorewatch is 557. I burned 1 capital one card in bk. I've applied for a credit one card and capital one with no luck. Now the upside I guess is that my bank gives credit builder loans ( They fund a savings account with 1,000.00 and I make payments for 1 year and then I get the 1000.00). I'm going to start that to have at least some thing showing up. Everything is reporting correctly on my credit report but I just don't know what else to do. I have read the bk to 700 but it seems that there are mixed opinions  about secured cards. It's all just so disheartening.

Congrats on your discharge. I would forget about Cap-1 for a few years as you IIB them but they will not hold it against you forever. BofA has a graduating secured card and there are also national CUs that I would try to get into and develop relationships with (NFCU if you qualify is a great one post BK, DCU, SDFCU) and the list goes on. I would not apply for any further cards until you obtain all 3 hard copies of your reports thru the mail and confirm all your accounts are reporting IIB, it dies a world of wonder to get your ducks in a row first, and I am serious about copies by mail, do not use online delivery they do not show you the whole picture...

Message 12 of 17
tham928
Established Member

Thank you all so very much for your kind words. I'm going to get my hard copies and COMB through

You're all so very sweet

Message 13 of 17
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@tham928 wrote:

Thank you all so very much for your kind words. I'm going to get my hard copies and COMB through

You're all so very sweet

Awwwwhhhhh shucks ... now I feel like crying! Just kidding ... hope you're feeling better. Focus your mind and energy on the things you have to do to rebuild. Get made ... not sad! 

Message 14 of 17
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

@tham928 wrote:

You're all so very sweet

Awwwwhhhhh shucks ... now I feel like crying! Just kidding ... hope you're feeling better. Focus your mind and energy on the things you have to do to rebuild. Get made ... not sad! 

Ez - 

If OP could get made, s/he wouldn't have this problem at all.  The mafia take care of their own!

-SM

LOVE that typo!

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 15 of 17
lizz01
Valued Member

I just wanted to add my comment of support too! Don't get discouraged. There is hope on the horizon. Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 17
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@SoulMaster wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

@tham928 wrote:

You're all so very sweet

Ez - 

If OP could get made, s/he wouldn't have this problem at all.  The mafia take care of their own!

-SM

LOVE that typo!

Ha ha ... that was funny! Amazing what results occur when fingers and brain get out of sync.

I texted a client yesterday this: "The lender will be expecting your wife's hours worked in pasties.". Of course I meant to type "paystubs". The husband texted back that he had a good laugh when he saw my message. What would be be like without a sense of humor huh?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.