cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spouse is less than 8 years from BK7 I want to file BK7 in community property state

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spouse is less than 8 years from BK7 I want to file BK7 in community property state

I am considering filing BK7 on my credit card debt.  It is approx $42,000.  My spouse is not a co-signer on any of these cards, although we live in a community property state (WI).  Spouse had a discharge date of 9/2012 of the BK7.  We also co-own an LLC together, although that has not make any money yet.  Most of the debt came from starting the LLC actually.  Since my spouse is not 8 years away from the last BK7 if i am reading the rules correctly it is probably not worth my while to file my own BK7 since we are in a community property state.  I would be looking at a BK13 instead?

Any suggestions or input on what YOU would do in that situation?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spouse is less than 8 years from BK7 I want to file BK7 in community property state

I also live in a community property state and my spouse and  I filed separately a year apart. Both of them were Chapter 7's. I had an attorney and when I filed I included both of our debts even though all of our credit was separate. I hope that helps and I wish you luck on your new beginning and your new business.

Nicky

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.