Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status incorrectly showing Ch. 7 BK rather than Ch 13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Status incorrectly showing Ch. 7 BK rather than Ch 13

Is this something I should be worried about on my credit report?  Some of my creditors are showing "Included in Chapter 7 BK" rather than Chapter 13 BK.  Is this something that I should send letters to the credit reporting agencies about?  Or, is this not an issue?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Status incorrectly showing Ch. 7 BK rather than Ch 13

I would be concerned because a Ch 7 stays 10 years and though a Ch 13 can also, it is generally removed after 7.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Status incorrectly showing Ch. 7 BK rather than Ch 13

Hi Bosrich,

Good to have you here!

Is the BK itself reporting as a CH 13 or a CH 7?  That will determine when the CRA's age it off your reports, rather than how the creditors are listing it.

My primary concern with the creditors listing it incorrectly is that CH 13 is a debt restructuring plan - you pay most or all of the debt back to the creditor.  CH 7 involves dismissing the debt, if I'm not mistaken (I"m not familiar with CH 7).

Where are you pulling your reports with the CH 7 notation?  I believe mine all said "Included in BK" or "Wage Earner Plan" which means CH. 13.  I don't recall any notation other than that, but I haven't looked at them for a bit.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.