cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loans listed as closed.. normal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student loans listed as closed.. normal?

We filed in Feb, MOC in April, discharge is set for June 16th. 

My student loans are now being listed as closed, included in chapter 7.

Is this normal? I thought they couldnt be inlcuded.

Im somewhat ok with them being gone if they are actually gone.

Also, anything else i need to do in preparation for the DC? I have purchased the myfico monitoring plan for both my wife and myself. There is also, one creditor still just sitting there. All the others have either been deleted or listed as IIB. This one creditor, is still just being listed as a collection account.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Re: Student loans listed as closed.. normal?

Congrats on the soon to be discharge. Mines set for the 22nd. My students loans show closed and including in bankruptcy but from what I'm told they'll still be there when it all settles. To get student loans included in bankruptcy you have to prove it's a hardship for that as well and it's other forms needed. Nothing else you need to do to prepare for DC. Jusr pull your reports about 30days after and make sure all accounts are being listed how they should. 

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Fico 4 TU 690 Fico 5 702 Fico 2 693
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I just found it weird they are listed as charge offs. If they are still there I am totally fine with that since i have great payment history with them.

@Mjhall85 wrote:

Congrats on the soon to be discharge. Mines set for the 22nd. My students loans show closed and including in bankruptcy but from what I'm told they'll still be there when it all settles. To get student loans included in bankruptcy you have to prove it's a hardship to repay that as well and it's other forms needed. Nothing else you need to do to prepare for DC. JUST PULL YOUR REPPRTS AVOUT 30days after and make sure all accounts are being listed how they should. 

Message 3 of 6
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Same here it's my oldest accounts and payments been perfect on them so hoping that helps on my rebuild. I'll be curious how long it takes for them to pop back on. Hopefully someone who knows more chimes in for us. Have you started any rebuilding ? If you list who you burned in bankruptcy many can chime in and help. 

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the stuff I claimed on my part of the BK was just old medical bills and stuff like chater/ spectrum and some insurance stuff. My wife had some personal loan stuff. Neither of us had a credit cards or anything like that. It was mostly medical stuff that we incured due to me having 3 spine surgeries in 4 years. 

Havent done anything pertaining to rebuild yet as we were waiting for the DC to come before starting the process. We didnt technically include our car, but it got included. We are current on it so they are just letting us keep it as long as we stay current. Its got a high interest rate (16%) so once we get the change to get a different vehicle with a better rate (hopefully after the DC) we will just give them the car back. Our lawyer said they ahve dealt with the company before (Westlake Portfolio) and the chances are they wont waste the time to come get the car because it is worth much less than what we owe. If they dont come get it, oh well. LOL

Message 5 of 6
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to hear about all those surgeries well hopefully all is well now or at least better. Well to optimize FICO scores 3 credit cards are ideal and a installment loan such as auto or student loans which you have. Lots of great threads on how to maximize score on here. I'd check some of the prequalify sites for credit cards once your report is all correct. Capital one seems to be pretty good after DC for car loans even. I read a post on here the other day a guy included a car in his bankruptcy and it's been 2 years and they yet to pick it up cause it's not worth it lol. 

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.