cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loans removed from CR's, but late?

tag
twono
Frequent Contributor

Student loans removed from CR's, but late?

I have cosigned for 5 student loans.  (3) Sallie Mae's and (2) FSA/Student loan.  They've all been in deferment, so i thought.  Sallie Mae's  lst payments aren't due til Dec, but after going through my reports, i see that both FSA/Student loans are reporting a late payment in Sept.

The Sallie loans are still showing up on my CR's,, but the FSA loans have been gone during my BK...DC'd (2wks ago btw).

BTW, daughter is still in school, and i will be letting Sallie know about continuing the deferment.  Obviously i needed to have done this with the FSA/student loans by now too.  

So i go to my student loan accts page, and sure enough, NO student loans on file.  

What do i do?  I don't want to incur any more late payments, and they should be in deferment still anyway, but i can't make a payment  because they are non-existent on my student loan accts page?

Should i call them, or were they truly IIB?

IF/when they do  reapperar on my reports and accts page, and they are continued in deferment since the student is still in school,  will i be able to have the (2) 30 day late removed from my reports?

They reported late in sept, DC was in Oct.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student loans removed from CR's, but late?

I don't know about bankruptcy, but I do know that one of the best places to see the status of your loan is on the National Student Loan Database, NSLDS, gov website. Second to that you can check on the student loan gov website. In general there's is usually a delay on student loans reporting of several months. Federal student loans often do not reply until after 90 days late. I don't know if this helps you
You can also get a copy of your most recent credit report and score for the 3 CB at creditchecktotal for a $1 7 day trial.
Was your daughter continuously in school or did she return?
Hope this helps
Message 2 of 3
twono
Frequent Contributor

Re: Student loans removed from CR's, but late?

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't know about bankruptcy, but I do know that one of the best places to see the status of your loan is on the National Student Loan Database, NSLDS, gov website. Second to that you can check on the student loan gov website. In general there's is usually a delay on student loans reporting of several months. Federal student loans often do not reply until after 90 days late. I don't know if this helps you
You can also get a copy of your most recent credit report and score for the 3 CB at creditchecktotal for a $1 7 day trial.
Was your daughter continuously in school or did she return?
Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply.  I am registered on studentloan.gov site.  Basically the same as NSLDS.  On the student loan gov site, it shows that i have no loans at all.  

I have CCT, and myFICO, and i use the backdoor method to check my EQ, TU, and EX from their websites....I will also cross reference my reports with CK, credit sesame,  and quizzle.  Before BK, i had about 15 credit monitoring services.  I think i have used them all at one point.

My daughter has continuously been in school.  Year 5, getting masters in math.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.