Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony - Likelihood of the approval? Post Ch7 BK

tag
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

Synchrony - Likelihood of the approval? Post Ch7 BK

It's been almost a year since filing Ch7 BK, discharged in the following July 2017.

I'm relocating to Federal Way, WA at the end of next week. I was approved for an apartment there, I'm looking at potentially 250% increase in my salary. However, since I'm relocating, the job relocation expense is not included so I'm forced to sell everything I have and start over in Federal Way.

The first thing I'd like to do is get a bed. I do have back issue, so a good bed is needed. I went shopping around in Mattress Firm store locally in Austin before I move. Mattress Firm do offer financing with Synchrony Credit. The credit score is in my signature; what is the likelihood of my approval with Synchrony, 9 months post discharge? 

Note that just last month or two, I attempted to get Barclay Card and was denied. The reason I said potentially 250% increase in salary, I am including my expected commission plan. So do I report the grand total of my income or just my base salary?

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Goals: Grow scores into 700s
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony - Likelihood of the approval? Post Ch7 BK

Hi a-d! 

Sync is usually pretty open-arms to people who have recent bankruptcies on their records, especially those who have established some good revolving history since their discharge.

I am not sure about your income question. Since you are right in the transition period, it is tough. Maybe you want to wait, if at all possible, to apply until you receive your first paycheck and can report that income. I have chronic pain and my bed is my sanctuary and a huge part of my treatment, so trust me, I know it may be tough. But hopefully those first few weeks can be toughed out. 

The alternative is just to talk to the folks at the mattress store, ask them for the Synchrony phone number or email address specific to their department, and see if you can speak with someone who is able to give you an idea whether it would be better to wait due to your changing income situation, or whether you should be ok to apply now. (Personally, I would wait)

Best of luck and CONGRATS on your new job, new digs, and all the rest!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I was just checking in to see if you had any success with getting in with Synchrony and mattress firm? I hope your move went smoothly.

Message 3 of 4
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

I didn't get approved for Synchrony, but did get approval on second or third tier after Synchrony. MyGenesis finanical. 

My scores at the time was around 630s. 

I haven't needed Synchrony yet, not to this day. I have Barclay Apple, Merrick DYL, and CapOne Platinum. Along with the Genesis for my mattress.

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Goals: Grow scores into 700s
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.