Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU early exclusion success!

tag
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

TU early exclusion success!

My BK was scheduled to fall off TU May 2019 so I called this morning to request an early exclusion. I did not need to speak to a supervisor. The representative was competent and knew exactly what I was asking for, then submitted a dispute for me.

I just pulled up my Credit Karma because today was my update day.

The BK is GONE! REMOVED! HISTORY!

What a long decade it has been. I never thought I would get to this point and I’m literally on the verge of tears I’m so happy. I’ve learned so much about rebuilding and am proud of how I’ve exceeded my own expectations. I had the opportunity to include my home, but I took a chance and reaffirmed it during my BK proceedings. Today I’m sitting on about $60k in equity as home prices rebound nicely.

I have not checked my FICO but I’ll wait until Discover, Citi, and Barclays updates on my statements. At last check it was 741.

Now the humorous part. My FAKO on Credit Karma went up “one” point, to 700. LOL 😂
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: TU early exclusion success!

Congrats!!!!

Message 2 of 17
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Good day for you.

Message 3 of 17
Begin_anew1
Valued Member

Congratulations!
Message 4 of 17
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Excellent! Congrats.

Message 5 of 17
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

ZOOM ZOOMSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 17
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!   Very happy for you!!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 8 of 17
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the EE. I got one from TU on my bk13 a week or so ago so I know it feels great to see a clean file. I did not get much of a jump on CK at first either. Only about 20 points, but a week later they gave me anouther 34 points up, so it may just be a little lag before you see the boost.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MAZDA3 wrote:
My BK was scheduled to fall off TU May 2019 so I called this morning to request an early exclusion. I did not need to speak to a supervisor. The representative was competent and knew exactly what I was asking for, then submitted a dispute for me.

I just pulled up my Credit Karma because today was my update day.

The BK is GONE! REMOVED! HISTORY!

What a long decade it has been. I never thought I would get to this point and I’m literally on the verge of tears I’m so happy. I’ve learned so much about rebuilding and am proud of how I’ve exceeded my own expectations. I had the opportunity to include my home, but I took a chance and reaffirmed it during my BK proceedings. Today I’m sitting on about $60k in equity as home prices rebound nicely.

I have not checked my FICO but I’ll wait until Discover, Citi, and Barclays updates on my statements. At last check it was 741.

Now the humorous part. My FAKO on Credit Karma went up “one” point, to 700. LOL 😂

What number did you call?  My new report pulls on the 15th and I figure I can call them today and ask for an early exclusion as I cannot select that via an online dispute.  Really wish I could just dispute it online lol

I wonder how much my score will jump once this is removed.  The only other thing on there is a 30 day late but it doesn't seem to be hindering my score too much at this point.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.