Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU lagging post-BK

tag
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

TU lagging post-BK

My TU has been lagging the other 2 bureaus.  I realized today I only looked at my credit reports before BK and not after, so it occurred to me that maybe something is lingering on the TU report that is affecting that score (EX 704, EQ 718, TU 681).  

When I look at my $1 pull from experian.com, for EX it says my most recent missed payment was 1 year 6 months ago.  For TU my credit report says 1 year 2 months ago, so I paid for a TU report from myfico.com, but all of the lenders who were IIB just show as 'Unrated' without payment history, so I cannot tell which creditor this late payment is from.  I filed on 7/2018 and was discharged on 10/2018.  So my question is pretty simple ... does that math add up?  Can I have late payments reporting from after my file date?  1 year 2 months ago is cutting it close to my discharge date of Oct 19?  Just trying to figure this out.  I realize other factors could be at play, but if this is something fixable/disputable I'd like to take care of it.  Thanks for the help/advice.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
8 REPLIES 8
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Re: TU lagging post-BK

From what I've been able to find here it looks like they shouldn't have been reporting late payments after my file date.  I've reached out to my attorney.  It is frustrating not knowing who it is from the current credit report.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 2 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

No negative info can be placed on your reports after filing. Look on credit karma and see who reporting the lates. Check the dates closely. Judges dont go for this behavior. If there was lates placed on your reports after the file date. Then you can go after the creditor for a $1000 fine plus court/attorney fees.

Message 3 of 9
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

CK says 100% payment history.   So I can't see anything.  It's only when I pull the experian $1 deal or the full TU report that I see the last late payment being 1 yr 2 mos ago.  The only date that remotely lines up with this is my auto loan that the court denied reaffirmation for.  It was never late either before or since (still making payments because I had 0% financing from better days and it's still worth more than I owe).  It does not show a late payment.   CK says it is open, shows no payments for July, August, Sept, then a last payment on Oct 23, 2018 (this is after my discharge date), but it says Current/Paid as Agreed with no payments after that one and remarks say Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.

Message 4 of 9
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

The TU report in the summary says I have 13 accounts ever late.  The other 2 bureaus have 12.   When I look at the list of accounts there are 13 with a 'negative indicator' flag.  Truly only 11 of them were ever late.   One card had a 0 balance but was closed by the creditor (Comenity, I had burned them on 2 other cards) and the other is the Ford loan.  So I'm not understanding how there are 13 late accounts, unless this is just how it should be?  These are things I should have asked questions about earlier, but hey better late than never, right?

Edit to Add: There should be 1 more on EQ/EX vs TU because I do not believe HSBC reports to TU and they were IIB.  There are just no other accounts left on the reports for the 13 on TU not to include my car and the 0$ balance Comenity card that was never late.

Message 5 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well you could call Ford and see if it was them back then. No installment creditor reports during the filing to DC dates. They cant make it look like they are collecting a debt. So thats normal. I feel Ford may have an answer and if they did mess up have them fix it.

Message 6 of 9
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Spoke with my lawyer.  I filed a dispute with TU for Ford reporting payments passed the file date (the 2 other bureaus show payments ending in July 2018, TU shows a payment on 10/23/2018 which is after my DC date).  I filed a dispute for my Comenity account being characterized as 'Derogatory' since it was at $0 at the time of filing/never late/no activity since 2012 (it shows as paid/closed by grantor on my other reports).  I'll update this thread when I hear back.  Thanks so much for the help FireMedic. Smiley Happy  I realize this may not ultimately affect my score, but I'll feel better knowing the information is accurate.

Message 7 of 9
cf2701
Regular Contributor

FireMedic1 - you contribute so much good info, thank you for that.  I've read a lot of your posts that really are spot on and help.  

Question - does this apply to Federal Student Loans also when filing or have filed BK?  I have a loan still showing as "Administrative Forbearance" which I guess is negative on TU and that is causing my TU to be 25-30+ pts lower.  It shows as "closed" as well.  

Don't mean to hijack the threat....my apologies if thats what I'm doing.

BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 8 of 9
twono
Frequent Contributor

@cf2701 wrote:

FireMedic1 - you contribute so much good info, thank you for that.  I've read a lot of your posts that really are spot on and help.  

Question - does this apply to Federal Student Loans also when filing or have filed BK?  I have a loan still showing as "Administrative Forbearance" which I guess is negative on TU and that is causing my TU to be 25-30+ pts lower.  It shows as "closed" as well.  

Don't mean to hijack the threat....my apologies if thats what I'm doing.

wrong thread.  carry on.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.