Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU score up 111 points after BK7 EE

tag
Dirge
Contributor

TU score up 111 points after BK7 EE

On Dec. 2 (I wanted to wait a day, after reading about first-of-the-month mishaps) I timidly got online on TU's site and asked for an early exclusion of my BK7 which was filed in 6/2012. I was expecting some kind of "obsolete" choice, but I didn't see one. So I chose "incorrect date" and then in the note wrote that I was requesting an early exclusion. I looked at my email the next day, and they removed it! Then today Credit Sesame came at me with a 66 point increase to 804, which of course I know means nothing. So I screwed myself up and bought my TU report here.The last TU score I had was from my monthly Discover card score, which was 697 from 11/14. It says it's a Fico 08 score, so I assume it's correct and not a FAKO.

New TU score: 808!!!!!

Can that even be right? even crazy Vantage 3.0 didn't raise my score 111 points. Thinking of the 19-year-old car I'm driving, I hit the auto scores. 807-827. I don't plan to get any credit cards, but those are 828-842.

Part of the reason there was so much room for improvement was that in 2014 the owner of the company I worked for slashed everyone's pay by almost half, and it took me 6 months to find a new job and then a few more months to fully recover. So that was a setback. Otherwise, 9 years after a BK you'd expect my scores to be well into the 700s already. 

I'm sitting here alone in my apartment on a Saturday night with tears running down my face. I still have a ways to go (I think in California, where I am, TU isn't really anyone's go-to credit bureau) but when I was sick with $220k in medical debt in 2012, I would not have thought this day would come.

I wanted to write and give my DPs and my most heartfelt thanks to my peeps here in the forums and the good information on this website. I'm going to spend the rest of the night just looking at these scores. (okay, and maybe looking for used car dealers who use TU!)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Irv02
Established Contributor

Re: TU score up 111 points after BK7 EE

Congrats on your EE!!!

Message 2 of 9
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🍾🎉🎊 on your success.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You give me hope . Congrats! Vantage Schmamtage. FICO is all that matters. Thats awesome!

Message 4 of 9
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on your EE!! I'll be doing the same for 7 from July 2012 on 1/2/22.  Thank you for posting the instructions on exactly what you did.

Message 5 of 9
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your EE! Well deserved! 

Message 6 of 9
joevdenne

So, they did the early exclusion 6 months early?  Wow...that is great!  Is that typical for them to do it that early?

Starting Score: 608
Current Score: 639
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
Dirge
Contributor

It's typical for TU to exclude that early. The others do it much closer to the actual date. 

Message 8 of 9
wxman2021
Regular Contributor

great job!

DC (5/25/2021)
Current: EQ8 684 EQ9 669
Current: EX8 698 EX9 696
Current: TU8 718 TU9 724
As of 7/7/2023
UTIL 1%
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.