Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone MOC - experience/what to expect

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Telephone MOC - experience/what to expect

Hello all, my MOC is set for 4/20 so everything may be back to normal and in person then, but I did talk to a rep from the courthouse and was told as of right now all meetings are done over the phone.

Just curious if anyone on the board has had a MOC like this? 

Can you share your experience? 

Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Telephone MOC - experience/what to expect

Probably no different than a regular MOC. Only difference you wont have to go to a court house, sit across from the trustee, swear to tell the truth, and will be on a speaker phone with your attorney. 5 mins. Done.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, kind of figured. 

SO after the meeting, does the trustee state now starts your 60 day contestability period, or do they review and the next few days decide if it is ok to proceed or dismiss it? I don't think I have a reason to be dismissed, but my attorney forgot to put a few bits of info in the petition which has me worried, she said she sent in the info today...

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you, kind of figured. 

SO after the meeting, does the trustee state now starts your 60 day contestability period, or do they review and the next few days decide if it is ok to proceed or dismiss it? I don't think I have a reason to be dismissed, but my attorney forgot to put a few bits of info in the petition which has me worried, she said she sent in the info today...

With all thats going on. Who knows. The courts are closed to almost most people that work there depending on location. Trustee doesnt say anything. He works for the judge and gives his/her recommendations. Attorney should have had every bit of info turned in before the MOC. But some things get overlooked. If its a creditor they forgot. Your still covered by the BK. Theres no way right now to say how long it will be before DC.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my meeting today at 10am and I already have an update on Pacer. 

Awaiting discharge and trustees report of no distribution. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.