cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas southern district

tag
ss44

Texas southern district

We are filing ch. 7 next week.  We are using an attorney.  I'm just wondering about how the bankruptcy process works in the Houston courts.  Is it fairly smooth?  We passed the means test.  The whole process is terrifying.  Any tips would be appreciated .

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Texas southern district

I filed in the TX Western District, so not the same one but thought I'd give my 2 cents.  I also used an attorney and the biggest takeaway was in WHO the trustee was assigned to the case.  Attorneys know the trustees and their styles - some are super picky and very detailed, and others are what my attorney called "minimalists" - meaning they don't ask for documentation other than is minimally required.

Your attorney likely can guess who your trustee around the time you file. (He will know for sure when you do file and the case gets assigned to one.)  I would ask the attorney and get a sense of the personality of the trustee as that will be important for the 341 meeting. I was scared through the whole thing, but it all went very smooth, even the 341 meeting (other than my attorney was late.)  Just make sure that everything, and I do mean everything, on your bankruptcy petition is accurate. 

Message 2 of 4
ss44

That's pretty much what our attorney has said.  It all depends on the trustee.  Two are pretty easy going and the other two are super picky.  My fingers are crossed hoping we get an easy going one! Thanks for the info!  

Message 3 of 4
hoang817
Regular Contributor

dumped the attorneys and lawyers..i filed chap 13 and the trustee told me i can just file myself. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.