cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you post for everyone here. My journey from chap7 to now.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you post for everyone here. My journey from chap7 to now.

Hello all, this is my first time posting but for the last year and half, it’s been my most visited site overall. It’s crazy to think how little I knew about credit overall and how much I know now and it’s honestly all thanks to you guys and all your unbelievable help.

A little bit background on my situation. In 2015, My mother was diagnosed with end stage renals disease after being diagnosed with leukemia a few years earlier. I became her full time caregiver after training to dialyze her at home. Left my good paying job for a overnight security job that didn’t pay nearly as well to be able to care for her during the mornings and afternoons. Unfortunately, after the huge difference in pay, bankruptcy was the only way forward. I filed and finalized chap7 in February of 2016. A few days later, I applied for an overstock card and was approved for $750. Then was approved for a capital one cc for $1000. Then after a year, in February of 2017, I applied for Cli and both increased me to $2500. At the one year mark, February of 17, I applied for a discover cc and was approved for $7500. And today, I applied for and was approved for a NFCU cc at $1000.

My scores are all either just a tad bit under 700 or a tad bit over 700. I want to again take the time to thank each and everyone of you ladies and gents for all the help that you provide especially to folks with little or no credit knowledge like myself. I’m super greatful to be part of this community and continue to learn so that I can pay it forward and help others just like you guys helped me.

Hope all is well with everyone and I hope you guys all have a great summer.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: Thank you post for everyone here. My journey from chap7 to now.

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all, this is my first time posting but for the last year and half, it’s been my most visited site overall. It’s crazy to think how little I knew about credit overall and how much I know now and it’s honestly all thanks to you guys and all your unbelievable help.

A little bit background on my situation. In 2015, My mother was diagnosed with end stage renals disease after being diagnosed with leukemia a few years earlier. I became her full time caregiver after training to dialyze her at home. Left my good paying job for a overnight security job that didn’t pay nearly as well to be able to care for her during the mornings and afternoons. Unfortunately, after the huge difference in pay, bankruptcy was the only way forward. I filed and finalized chap7 in February of 2016. A few days later, I applied for an overstock card and was approved for $750. Then was approved for a capital one cc for $1000. Then after a year, in February of 2017, I applied for Cli and both increased me to $2500. At the one year mark, February of 17, I applied for a discover cc and was approved for $7500. And today, I applied for and was approved for a NFCU cc at $1000.

My scores are all either just a tad bit under 700 or a tad bit over 700. I want to again take the time to thank each and everyone of you ladies and gents for all the help that you provide especially to folks with little or no credit knowledge like myself. I’m super greatful to be part of this community and continue to learn so that I can pay it forward and help others just like you guys helped me.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your journey.  I wish you continued success.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 2 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Nice post, thank you for being a selfless caregiver and your ongoing credit recovery success. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your journey.  I wish you continued success.

Thanks so much. Really appreciate it.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

Nice post, thank you for being a selfless caregiver and your ongoing credit recovery success. 

Thanks so much. You know how it is, family is always #1.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.