Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Day Has Arrived!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Day Has Arrived!!

CH7 DISCHARGED!!  My scheduled discharge date was 5/6.  My case was a conversion and there was some information on PACER that I thought might be slowing down the discharge.  Maybe it was entered incorrectly.  So I called the court clerk, asked very nicely to check the status for me, and she went ahead and discharged it over the phone!  WOOHOO!!  So after that, I went to Capital One and applied for the Platinum card.  I've been seeing the "CONGRATULATIONS" offer for a few weeks now, but I didn't want to pull the trigger until I was discharged.  APPROVED!!  $3K limit!  I was floored!  I haven't been this happy in a very long time!  Can't wait to see my credit score take off!

Thank you to everyone on this site!  I've been reading every post for months and I've learned so much! 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Danique
Regular Contributor

Re: The Day Has Arrived!!

Congrats!!

Discharged 4/28/2016
EQ-530/EX-600/TU-469

Current scores as of 2/06/2017
EQ-664/EX-667/TU-654

CapOne Quicksilver- $2,500

NFCU CashRewards - $12500

Overstock - $2200

Wayfair - $2200

HSN - $1250

Victoria Secret - $250

Discover IT - $1200

Amazon - $800

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  Best wishes with your rebuild.

Message 3 of 12
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your success early in your bk discharge.

I would recommend that you read this link that I have provided below.  It gives a lot of data on how to obtain a 700 score in 24 months.  

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

I wish you the best.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats...

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and good luck on the rebuild!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz ! ! !

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everybody! 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I was discharged on 5/4 and also hit up Cap 1 right away. Also approved for a Platinum with 3k limit as was my husband.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.