Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The beginning of my journey......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The beginning of my journey......

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking forward to your updates as I am about to start the journey myself. Waiting on my tax refund so I can retain the attorney. Sad thing for me is I work for a credit card company in their collections department. I'm pretty embarassed by having to do this, but yes hardships happen even to those that work the other side of those phone calls.

It happens to all of us.  I've been working at a bank for nearly 10 years (same company) and I used to be a financial analyst.  Now I work in BSA/AML investigations within our Financial Crimes and Risk Management division.  So am I embarassed by this?  Absolutely.  But at the end of the day I'm at peace with my decision.  Failure is one of the most effective learning tools out there.  I've learned from my past mistakes and I'm truly dedicated to not getting myself into this situation again.  Good luck to you and I'll update as soon as there's something to report.  We're meeting with our attorney tomorrow to finalize the filing and we're looking at the beginning of March for our 341 meeting and hopefully a discharge by the end of April.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.