Did you mean: 

The post-bk rebuild long game begins

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The post-bk rebuild long game begins

Thank You!  You're right.

My Exp is 619 TU 614 EQ 628 ON creditchecktotal.COM

I'll keep it for 7 days - Hopefully there is a discount offer soon.

Thanks again for that info - I thought CK was legit

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your rebuild!  Our BKs are similarily timed and it's nice to see your progess so far.  Keep up the good work!

Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

That's great Congratulations!

I have a question of my own - I filed Ch 7 September 2016 and it was discharged Dec 2016. Before it was discharged I was able to secure new car with Tide Water Motor credit for $543 a month, I recently refinanced that car with Capone AF for $424 a month. Since my BK I have applied for 1 credit that was a preapproval with first naitonal , my credit limit is $1500. I have tried preapprovals form other companes but I havent received any offers so far.....

My current score EXP 623 EQ 649 TU 560 - Does anyone knows why my TU score is so low? Before I filed for BK my TU score was always the highest one and ow it's the lowest. Also any suggestions on which CC I may be qualified for, I need some spending power because I was arrested for DUI in OCT 2017 and I spent most of my savings $5500 for an attorney+other fees thus I need some $$ avaialble in case something comes up until  I get my savings back up.

TU has dragged for me also (you can see my scores in the first post) and only recently begun to catch up. All three bureaus use FICO8 but their scoring models are slightly different, plus the banks/agencies report differently to the different bureaus sometimes. I'm sorry to hear about DUI, I know it can be hard to rebuild your life after that and I am glad you are doing your best to do so. I would really suggest starting a savings program in addition to the credit building, even $10/pay is something and you can do your best to build from there. So many of us, especially those of us with life challenges get into tough situations because we don't have the cash available when we need it - so try to help yourself for the future now.

As for the credit offers, check prequals at Cap1 and Discover for sure (if they are not favorable, just keep checking every couple/few weeks), and check any credit unions who are local to you - you can call or walk into a branch and ask about their secured or platinum (unsecured) cards. I have not yet met a CU who is not overly friendly and willing to help, BK or no. Ask them outright about the fact that you have recent BK and whether they will accept this when you apply. Also check out the BK friendly card thread for more recommendations and so you know which cards are no-gos in your initial rebuild. Best of luck on this St Patty's Day!

Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Help ease my mind re: inheritance after BK. 

BK7 filed 6/14/17.

DC 10/11/17.

Mom died 12/23/17. It's been... something (isn't family always complicated?) 

Life insurance benefit check received 2/10/18.

Everything I've read says 180 days post file and you are clear. 

I mean, NOLO is my go-to and they basically say I'm clear. https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/inheritances-chapter-7-bankruptcy.html 

6/14/17 + 180 days = 12/11/17.

I'm ok to deposit this, correct? It's going straight to savings. It's nearly two months' living expenses, and I only just started my savings account in earnest. 

I know you've already gotten this sorted out, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss. 

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Ch7 discharge is scheduled for 4/9/18.  Today I applied for a cap 1 secured card and was approved with a $99 secured deposit and $200.. I also applied and approved for a credit builder 12 month loan for $500. Watching and waiting for scores to improve.  

3/15/18

EX:553

TU:528

EQ:560

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

03/04/18-Switched from T-Mo to Verizon. Verizon promised SP, but received EQ HP. Decided to just accept it as my INQs are low enough and no major credit app plans in next year. They also attempted to sign me up for their unlimited plan and protection – sorry buddy, the whole point is to get what I want within my budget.

03/20/18-Requested Cap1 CLI (now 5th statement). Received +$300 to $3300. Plan to request again at 7th statement (May) if they do not give me auto-raise at 6th.

03/26/18-called bank regarding why ex-H CC still reporting to my CR (as joint) despite receiving email from him mid-Jan that he received a letter that I was “deleted as second cardholder.” They recommend I dispute with CBs. Obtained copy of letter from ex-H. Drafting dispute letters.

04/04/18-Updated 3B. EX 644 EQ 670 TU 648
I think the new credit penalty is hitting me. My util is around 11% thanks to my ex-H’s credit card still showing on reports, which isn’t optimal but still good, so I’m chalking the EX lag up to young age.
Still haven’t sent those dispute letters. Will work on that. It may actually hurt my scores, or hurt their rise, but I still want to stand on my own.

Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

04/05/18-dispute letters mailed to all 3B asking ex-H “joint” CC to be removed from my CRs due to it not being my account, with documentation from ex-H and bank.

04/19/18-Cap1 CLI auto-increased $500 to $3800.

04/20/18-Ex-H CC removed from all 3B. Score dropped 16pts to 628 on EX, maybe due to 0% util on my own cards (I was keeping this due to his higher util). I kept the disputed account on all three reports under closed, so I keep the age (for 10years at least). I will let a balance report on my next statement and see how much, if any of that score recovers.

05/03/18-Received an offer for Alliant Platinum Visa. I thought it over and decided since I do my main banking there, not to go for it.

05/08/18-3B scores updated. $49 balance reporting, 1% agg util. EX 647 EQ 680 TU 654 – So it was my util all along. AZEO really is your friend! With my ex-H’s card’s balance, I was at 11% agg util. I just hope scores don't stall again after this month.

Also, it pays to pore over your reports: My closed (paid satisfactorily) auto loan doesn’t report on TU. This is the only omission on any report. This may be why TU has historically lagged for me (EX is because they stubbornly kept on my BK-related lates, while the other two bureaus deleted). But it was under my ex-H’s account #, even though it was a joint loan. I'm not going through that again. lol

Overall, happy with progress.

Message 37 of 39
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

Your rebuilding seems to be coming along nicely. I love to hear success stories.

Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

06/08/18-First, I finally enrolled in deferred comp at work, $50/pay. Hooray! The first couple paychecks will be lower, but I have a raise coming next month that should bring me back to about where I was before.

New 3B scores: EX 657 EQ 684 TU 655 I accidentally let a balance report on my second card (I sent the payment one day too late to PTZ). I decided after that to change the payment due date to coincide with my main spender, so I’m not coordinating due dates. Will take a couple months to change over.

But still, I’m almost in “good” territory across the board. I’m just going to keep plugging along. I’m really happy with how far I’ve come already!

I’ve been focusing my “life recovery” efforts on my health and home environment lately, so I haven’t been around as much, but I hope y’all are doing well and enjoying summer.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.