Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is Hope!!!

tag
Comet21
Regular Contributor

There is Hope!!!

Sorry for the new thread but I reached a my Goal Score today!!! It was only 600 but I had to start somewhere. I believe it could be much higher because my new credit cards statements went out before I had a chance to pay them to the right utilization, so next month should be higher(keeping fingers crossed). I did not think it would happen this quickly, so all new BK filers, start repairing your CR ASAP. Things will be reporting. We filed at the end of January 2012, Creditors meeting at the end of February 2012, and we are now headed in the right direction.

Can someone help me, would my score be higher if my Mortgage and Auto were reporting correc? I have over 4 years of payment History for both with NO LATES. Does that make a difference? I thought FICO took in account for having different types of credit. So hopefully our BK will be approved by the court soon because they will not report until then. We reaffirmed both. 

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Re: There is Hope!!!

There is always hope. Congratulations and good luck on your credit repair journey Smiley Happy

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 2 of 7
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

I wish I would have started earlier! I only started working on it about a month ago. Haven't had a credit card since March of 2009..

For some stupid reason I thought it was pointless to start so soon. But, it's not, waiting three years is pointless. lol

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 3 of 7
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I just checked my EQ score (I'm mad at myself cause I didn't want to pay for a score) and it was 708!!!!!

So excited. 4 years post BK and scores are getting better every day. I'm so glad I found this site, still wish I knew about it sooner but estatic all the same.

BK does suck but it is far from being the end of the world.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 4 of 7
Marvelousone
New Contributor

Congratulations!  This is quite a process but starting over! 

I've spent the day today stressed because after a successful BK and being what I thought was good with credit. my numbers are now dropping, did I wait too long to start rebuilding I wasn't interested in any credit and being debt free is great but now I want to buy a house and might need a car in the next year or so.   My BK was in 2009  and I just lost 14 points in 2 week from Equifax!!!!  Yikes.... I'm still at 721 with TU but 684 for the other two.

I'm afraid to apply for credit, do you have any suggestions, I have 2 cards now with no balance and they don't like that I guess, they only like people with debt, it's nuts?  It's like I'm in between a rock and hard place.  Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 7
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

You just have to play the game.. lol.. 

You don't have to have debt, you have to manage credit..

If you can use your cards but not overuse them then I guess they figure your a better risk. You can either make a small purchase every month and pay in full whenever the statement posts, or make one slightly larger purchase and gradually pay it off with just making the minimum payments, but then you pay interest.

Some people say it's best to have a balance on one but not the others but of course then you still have to use the others occasionally to keep them active. I had signed up for a NY and CO store card, but hadn't been in one in years. Went in there and now their clothes are awful, cheaply made rubbish. So, bought a $3 bracelet and a $5 clearance pair of slippers and paid it off as soon as the statement posted. I plan to go in and buy a pair of socks about every 6 months. lol.. Just enough to keep the account open with a reasonable credit limit to help with my overall utilization.

@Marvelousone wrote:

Congratulations!  This is quite a process but starting over! 

I've spent the day today stressed because after a successful BK and being what I thought was good with credit. my numbers are now dropping, did I wait too long to start rebuilding I wasn't interested in any credit and being debt free is great but now I want to buy a house and might need a car in the next year or so.   My BK was in 2009  and I just lost 14 points in 2 week from Equifax!!!!  Yikes.... I'm still at 721 with TU but 684 for the other two.

I'm afraid to apply for credit, do you have any suggestions, I have 2 cards now with no balance and they don't like that I guess, they only like people with debt, it's nuts?  It's like I'm in between a rock and hard place.  Any suggestions?

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 6 of 7
Marvelousone
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

It's almost 5 years since my last 4 deliquent reports that happened during a BK in 2009 and not one late since.  I've purchased a home and leased and new car but still only have 685 from TU...I'm confused.  One of the CC that I have with Capital One has a $1700 balance and the other has a 300, do you think that's the problem and the inquiries from Real Estate and auto loan???  I want to get these deliquents off any suggestions or just live with it???  How long will the 4 stay on my report, I understand the BK has to stay for 7-9 years but what about these deliquents???  Thanks for your help...  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.