Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Forum is TOXIC!!

tag
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

Re: This Forum is TOXIC!!

I'm addicted to you. Don't you know that you're toxic !?

I understand that credit can be a double-edged sword, but it's a game we're forced to play, so we strive to play it well.
Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Solomon lovely response. Had me laughing out loud. 😊👍

OP: I disagree. However, you are entitled to your beliefs. And, yet, if I were an alcoholic I would avoid bars and other such establishments but not assume that others visiting the bar had a problem because I couldn't be in there.
Self-evaluation may be needed but no finger pointing or animosity.
I am in this forum not to amass debt but rather to learn what goes into scoring, learn from others and prepare myself to be a first-time homeowner.
I wish you all the best and that you figure out what works for YOU.
Message 12 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'll debunk this real quick. You are entitled to your opinion. But why come on here and trash people who are adults and can make mature decisions that affect their life and not yours.  Many get nice trips. And all kinds of other perks for spending the same money if they didnt have credit cards. Its an added bonus. If you dont agree with goes on in this little community. My advice is you made your point. Opinion accepted.

I burned no creditor at all in my BK. Just a 16 yr old lien and they were coming after me. I wanted to protect my retirement that I risked my life for serving my county which will be 37 yrs when I retire. So I got cards again after 14-15 yrs so anything I buy I get a small bonus back. There is not one person on here that matches another. No credit file is exact. Each of us has a fingerprint. No one has the same fingerprint as you know. So please dont group us as were all the same and in the same boat. We're not.

Message 13 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

So what changed from your first thread 2 yrs ago? You were looking to rebuild just like the rest of us? 03/30/2016

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Please-help-Am-I-doing-the-right-thing/td-p/4520152

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure on what planet its recommended to work so hard to quickly get back in debt right after you've had to file bankruptcy????  Whats the reason?  To rebuild your ability to get back into debt again???  Im no angel.  Have been there...TWICE now.  But I have come to the realization that we all here have a sickness.  A sickness to borrow money that we dont have.  And this forum is like a feeding frenzy over that.  The "rebuild" process should be start saving money and never use credit again.  There should be no reason to start shaking trees minutes after you receive that discharge, trying to get back into debt again.  The measure of your credit score is that you are REALLY GOOD at paying someone else interest to use their money for something you can't afford.  Time to see the light people.  Credit is by its nature, a bad thing.  There is no math that puts you out in front even when you are getting points, cash back and free airline miles.  You are still ending up at the losing end.  Lets band together to stop this epidemic that goes on here.  Unless you have some sort of mortal emergency, I cant think of a single reason you'd need to get "rebuilding" and getting back into debt.  Please no flames here.  This is the real deal.

There is a grain of merit in some of what you say. I also am amazed by certain types of post, IE:  "I just finished BK. What cards should I apply for?"

or "Yeehaw! I burned such-and-such bank four years ago and they just approved me for a $30K SL!"  Makes me wonder why they dont just pay what they owe before seeking more credit. At the same time I realize some, maybe most, folks who ended up in BK had no other viable option. And some who "burned the bank" are sincerely trying to correct past mistakes and get back on the right track.

And, yes, I've wondered why some folks seem to continually push for higher and higher CL's. But the reasons for all of these are varied and far reaching. There is hardly a "one-size-fits-all" answer.

One's credit rating is not just about debt these days. Many empoyers base hiring decisions on an applicant's credit score.

Personally, I am old and retired, no mortgage, no car loan, PIF credit cards monthly using AZEO <5% util etc. No BK's, no lates, no derogs yadda yadda. I am not rich but I have the means to support my humble lifestyle without credit if I choose to. But wait, what if the unforeseen suddenly reared its ugly head and I needed to make a large credit card charge? Or what if my 1958 Edsel finally dies and I need a new car? Would I want to pay cash? Um, no. Or what if i decided to move into that swanky new retirement condo down the road? They would definitely require a credit check.

So you see, there are many reasons for maintaining a good credit score. And, as others have said, without going into debt.

(Mod cut-please not here)

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL - My fellow MF'ers!!!!!  Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

While credit can lead to debt, credit does not REQUIRE debt. As with anything in life, the credit game requires some personal accountability and personal responsibility. If you can’t handle either appropriately, then like many other situations, just simply be smart enough not to put yourself in that situation.

Let me put it this way - if you’re on a diet, don’t go to the candy store if you don’t think you have the self control not to eat a bunch of candy. That doesn’t mean that I, not on a diet, can’t have all the candy I want, however.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree CreditSweeper regarding - "credit does not REQUIRE debt". As my friend BBS has kindly and astutely pointed out on multiple occasions. Optimizing ones credit score requires exactly $2 debt. I'm outraged by this as well! Unbelievably toxic! Smiley LOL

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure on what planet its recommended to work so hard to quickly get back in debt right after you've had to file bankruptcy????  Whats the reason?  To rebuild your ability to get back into debt again???  Im no angel.  Have been there...TWICE now.  But I have come to the realization that we all here have a sickness.  A sickness to borrow money that we dont have.  And this forum is like a feeding frenzy over that.  The "rebuild" process should be start saving money and never use credit again.  There should be no reason to start shaking trees minutes after you receive that discharge, trying to get back into debt again.  The measure of your credit score is that you are REALLY GOOD at paying someone else interest to use their money for something you can't afford.  Time to see the light people.  Credit is by its nature, a bad thing.  There is no math that puts you out in front even when you are getting points, cash back and free airline miles.  You are still ending up at the losing end.  Lets band together to stop this epidemic that goes on here.  Unless you have some sort of mortal emergency, I cant think of a single reason you'd need to get "rebuilding" and getting back into debt.  Please no flames here.  This is the real deal.

72051BD9-2DE1-48F7-A6B2-145EB1886535.jpeg

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

giphy.gif

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.