Did you mean: 

To File or Not - My brother's situation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To File or Not - My brother's situation

@Booner72 wrote:

HI AGAIN 06 and anyone else:

In reviewing the TU credit report - the original bank repo for $5530 is scheduled to be removed 9/2011, the credit union is reporting this one.

However Professional Credit took this same account (I know because of OC and amount) and reported that it was placed for collection 1/2009 - "Collection Account/Open Account".  TU  says it will not be removed until 9/2014.

How did they do that and what can be done about this specific account?  DV w/ Professional Credit?   Dispute it?  Is this allowable?  Ignore it?

Any advice - thanks.  This is one of the "biggies" in terms of amounts, so it's good that I found out it's a duplicate, it means he owes less overall.

I'm afraid that is one I have no knowledge about. Maybe you could spin that question off into a new thread.

Message 11 of 13
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I just can't thank you enough for taking the time to answer all of these questions.  You've put my mind to rest and also my brother, who says to say "thanks".

Good Karma is your friend, my friend!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booner72 wrote:

I just can't thank you enough for taking the time to answer all of these questions.  You've put my mind to rest and also my brother, who says to say "thanks".

Good Karma is your friend, my friend!

You are most certainly welcome.

If you ultimately decide on holding off on the bankruptcy until necessary, make sure you get a copy of the Nolo Press guide on bankruptcy.  You can find it on Amazon or even borrow it for free from your local public library.  Fill out the PDF version of all the forms, save them to disk and keep them ready to print out and file if needed.

If they do have a stealth judgment against him, they have to notify you before actually getting the money from your employer via wage garnishment.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.