cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many inquiries during a car search. What can I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many inquiries during a car search. What can I do?

I intended on quickly getting a vehicle after discharge. My family and I were in need and a car was necessary for me to get back and forth to work. Multiple dealers ran my credit, multiple times. I signed something, but I was unaware of all the inquiries they would perform. Can I dispute these inquiries? Do I need to just endure having so many for the next 25 months?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Too many inquiries during a car search. What can I do?

@Anonymous wrote:
I intended on quickly getting a vehicle after discharge. My family and I were in need and a car was necessary for me to get back and forth to work. Multiple dealers ran my credit, multiple times. I signed something, but I was unaware of all the inquiries they would perform. Can I dispute these inquiries? Do I need to just endure having so many for the next 25 months?

You can’t dispute. They are legitimate credit pulls. However, they really only hurt scores for 12 months. Also, they will be grouped and considered all together when shopping for a car.

Message 2 of 3
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Too many inquiries during a car search. What can I do?

When you are rate shopping for either a car or home loan, multiple HP in a 30-45 day period are typically scored as a single HP with FICO scoring. If you are rejected by a CC for multiple inquiries, on a manual review this rate shopping should be self-evident by the UW.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.