Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade lines post BK CHP 7 discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trade lines post BK CHP 7 discharge

Hey everyone!

My chapter 7 bankruptcy is complete, all items on my credit report say ‘discharged/included in bankruptcy, etc...’ so I’m good to go as far as far as that goes.

My question is if each discharged trade line hurts me? They’re all traditional credit cards/banks. Not collections, repo, etc... Like say I have 9 negative lines with BK instead of 12. I’m pretty sure I can get 3 removed given their respective situations. Would that affect my score at all? Or is 1 discharged trade line the same as 10?

8 REPLIES 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Trade lines post BK CHP 7 discharge

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone!

My chapter 7 bankruptcy is complete, all items on my credit report say ‘discharged/included in bankruptcy, etc...’ so I’m good to go as far as far as that goes.

My question is if each discharged trade line hurts me? They’re all traditional credit cards/banks. Not collections, repo, etc... Like say I have 9 negative lines with BK instead of 12. I’m pretty sure I can get 3 removed given their respective situations. Would that affect my score at all? Or is 1 discharged trade line the same as 10?

Each one hurts.   People who get their score over 700 in 24 months usually didn't have any credit cards IIB, or they have managed to dispute them off.   So yes, do what you can to get rid of them.   I have disputed most of mine off my reports in the last seven years.   You can forget goodwills from credit card lenders.   Unless you paid them back, they are not going to do it.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool. How could I get all of them off though? What would I dispute? Just confused on whay reason would a bank change their mind

Message 3 of 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Some if not many accounts may simply disappear within the next year...

You should not dispute what is accurate; it can really backfire.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Thats where I was confused. You have to have proof and/or justification to get something off (from what I'd think).

But what could happen (as far as backfiring)? Like the banks would be like 'screw this guy' for future cards? Or just a 'cry wolf' thing from the credit bureaus?

Message 5 of 9
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

I had a couple tradelines that when deleted, by the creditor, my score jumped a few points as being IIB was a derog. 

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 6 of 9
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool. How could I get all of them off though? What would I dispute? Just confused on whay reason would a bank change their mind

Its not that you dispute as that info is correct. You can try goodwill letters to have them remove the tradelines. But with that, there is also a cost. As you lose total accounts. Payment history. Age of accounts. That could lower your score more that raise it. The creditors are not obligated to remove them either.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 7 of 9
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. Thats where I was confused. You have to have proof and/or justification to get something off (from what I'd think).

But what could happen (as far as backfiring)? Like the banks would be like 'screw this guy' for future cards? Or just a 'cry wolf' thing from the credit bureaus?

What is meant by backfiring, there could be negative info not reporting. By disputing them, it could cause new derogs to show up and hurt you more. If the info being shown is accurate or possibly wrong but in your favor, DO NOT ROCK the boat. You do not know what could be lurking in the waters. Your best bet is GW letters to the creditors asking for tradeline removal or simply wait for them to age off. As time passes, the damage will lessen.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. And obviously goodwill you're admitting 'wrongdoing' and just asking that they help you out and help rebuild, etc... That wouldn't bring up old stuff or whatever like you're saying? It's something that doesn't hurt to try, right?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.