Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion reporting Navient Student Loan wrong post Ch 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion reporting Navient Student Loan wrong post Ch 7

I have filed 3 disputes with Transunion to correct the way they are reporting my student loan with Navient post Ch 7.  The loan was not dischargeable but as you know, had to be listed because it had a balance.  (CH 7 case closed 5 months ago in Sept 2016.) The account has always been open and always had a balance (all payments always current, never late.)

Transunion continues to report this loan as CLOSED, $0 balance, and "Ch 7 Bankruptcy" - even after 3 disputes.  I also tried to correct this from Navient's end - sent a letter to their credit dept and they sent out an update to the CRAs.  While Experian and Equifax are reporting correctly, Transunion still is not!  I called them today and guy kept telling me they were right, that the account is closed and $0.  IT IS NOT!!!  I had him file a 4th dispute on this account over the phone today where my prior disputes were online, and in the mail.

Any tips on how to get this resolved with Transunion??  Their WRONG reporting is negatively affecting my score.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Transunion reporting Navient Student Loan wrong post Ch 7

@Anonymous wrote:

I have filed 3 disputes with Transunion to correct the way they are reporting my student loan with Navient post Ch 7.  The loan was not dischargeable but as you know, had to be listed because it had a balance.  (CH 7 case closed 5 months ago in Sept 2016.) The account has always been open and always had a balance (all payments always current, never late.)

Transunion continues to report this loan as CLOSED, $0 balance, and "Ch 7 Bankruptcy" - even after 3 disputes.  I also tried to correct this from Navient's end - sent a letter to their credit dept and they sent out an update to the CRAs.  While Experian and Equifax are reporting correctly, Transunion still is not!  I called them today and guy kept telling me they were right, that the account is closed and $0.  IT IS NOT!!!  I had him file a 4th dispute on this account over the phone today where my prior disputes were online, and in the mail.

Any tips on how to get this resolved with Transunion??  Their WRONG reporting is negatively affecting my score.  Thanks!

You could first file a CFPB complaint against TU since they seem to be the issue. You could also obtain a letter from Navient about how they are supposed to report and submit that with your dispute.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already got a letter from Navient and submitted that with my 3rd dispute and it only resulted in Transunion reporting the account in a "new" bankruptcy (which is not even possible....argh!!).  I guess I'll try the complaint route now as NFCU just declined me for a credit card most likely because of Transunion reporting wrong.  So incredibly frustrated. Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I already got a letter from Navient and submitted that with my 3rd dispute and it only resulted in Transunion reporting the account in a "new" bankruptcy (which is not even possible....argh!!).  I guess I'll try the complaint route now as NFCU just declined me for a credit card most likely because of Transunion reporting wrong.  So incredibly frustrated. Thanks!

Make sure to recon NFCU. Never hurts

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.