Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion will not update BK status

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Transunion will not update BK status

I need some help getting transunion to update my chapter 13 BK status. I finished my BK 13 and have my discharge papers. Right after the discharge I put in online disputes to all 3 CRAs. EQ and EX updated in days but TU came back and said their info is accurate. I waited about a month to see if TU would update and it never did. So I put in a second disbute and days later they came back again and said their info is accurate.

So now I am really ticked, they are wrong and reporting bad information and refuse to fix it. Clearly they are breaking the law here.

What do I do now, send them a letter with my BK papers asking for a removal?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
egghead88
Regular Contributor

Re: Transunion will not update BK status

You need to file a complaint with CFPB. It’s fairly easy. I filed one on Transunion for falsely reporting a tax lien that had been withdrawn by the IRS.
I disputed it with Transunion twice. The second time with the IRS documentation. Both time it came back verified as accurate. I filed a CFPB, they deleted it immediately, then submitted a response to my CFPB complaint that it was no action needed because it had already been deleted. LOL!
Message 2 of 16
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Thanks!! I just submitted a complaint, hopefully they delete the BK completely. That would be pretty awesome.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused, what exactly are you disputing?

Message 4 of 16
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

The fact that my BK has been discharged, TU still shows as filed. It should show discharged, so if my credit is pulled it doesn't look like I am currently in a BK.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently going through the exact same thing. TU refuses to update my BK status as discharged and says they verified it. 

How do I go about filing a complaint?

Message 6 of 16
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I went to the CFPB website and filed a complaint. Lets see what happens.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did this to me as well. I filed a dispute with them and faxed my discharge letter.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a response yesterday from TU regarding my second attempt to get them to update my report. Once again they didn't actually investigate (which takes all of one minute on the PACER website) and claimed it is 'verified as accurate'. So I filed a complaint a few minutes ago and uploaded my discharge notice to the CFPB website. So we'll see how TU responds.

How soon should I expect action?

Message 9 of 16
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Their site says it can take up to 60 days. Im here waiting still and I submitted it on the 24th.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.