Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Financing with Affirm, Uplift etc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Travel Financing with Affirm, Uplift etc

I messaged the uplift team and asked if they loaned to customers with a bk7 and if it mattered how long since the filing. here’s what they said.

Thank you for your inquiry. We go by your credit score, credit history and debt to income ratio. We do not have a required timeframe from when the bankruptcy has been discharged.
Visit our FAQ page for more information. https://uplift.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Regards,

Your UpLift Support Team

**before I filed I had a loan with uplift credit score was low 600’s. The trip cost was about 2 grand. Fee was 176. They didn’t report to the credit bureau. But the website was user friendly and they automatically deducted the payments but you could log in and pay before hand. Nothing bad to say about them.

Message 11 of 15
Credit_Flavours
Regular Contributor

Used uplift on spirit.com and was approved for $825 last month(august 2018), the fee was high though at $136 for 12months with the 1st instalment been paid on purchase i.e. $79. Didnt mind the fee because you have the option of paying down outstanding balance at 0% interest.

Also my account on their website shows that they pulled EQ and the score was 644. It has not however reported as an installment loan on any of the CBs.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use UpLift very often. Started in March for my Cancun trip and used it 4 other times since then. I book via American Airlines Vactions (not sure if that makes a difference) and I always get approved. My credit score is around 620. The one thing I need to warn you about...It's a soft pull UNTIL you're approved, once you agree to your loan a inquiry will popup on your Equifax report a couple days later.

Message 13 of 15
Chik305

I applied for Uplift via Spirit Airlines ( total $717) was instantly approved.  I chose the 3 monthly payment option. I didn't see a Hard Pull on my report yet, but I just accepted the loan a few hours ago. Seamless process thus far. Supposedly, thay dont have a prepayment penalty as I look to pay it off in 2 weeks. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I took my trip and everything worked out. I didnt want to shell out all the money but this was probably the best route. I'm looking to get a mortgage in 2020 so I wont be applying for anything going forward. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.